Windows 10: Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. The error is: 0x80070002 0x20016 I tried rewriting the "AllowOSUpgrade" in the registry (a method which was used in Threshold 2), yet not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Avi931, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Avi931 Win User

Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool

Hello.
    The error is:
    0x80070002 0x20016
    I tried rewriting the "AllowOSUpgrade" in the registry (a method which was used in Threshold 2), yet not working.
    I'm running on my computer Windows 10 TH2.
    Thanks for anyone who may help

:)

Avi931, Aug 3, 2016

2. DL win 10 15063 with MediaCreationTool

Hi, today is 5 april and can i download windows 10 1703 (redstone 2) iso file with Media Creation Tool ?

Mehrdad Aria, Aug 3, 2016
  3. DavidCHC Win User
    Media Creation Tool NOT working to create an ISO image AFTER upgrading to Windows 10

I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

But now I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC. So I ran the Media Creation Tool again but this time I chose the option to create media. I selected US English, the 64bit version and create ISO file as my options.

The tool allows me to select a destination folder then switches back to the Media Creation Tool screen but all I see is the spinning dots for about a minute or two but then the screen closes and never finishes. I get no errors, it just stops and no files
    are ever created.

I also tried creating the USB image but the same thing happens. I also tried in Safe Mode and by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator."

How can I create the Windows 10 media files to reinstall cleanly on my PC?

DavidCHC, Aug 3, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Avi931 Win User
    ^
    Thanks, I needed it because the upgrade tool encountered an error,
    I'll try the tool again regardless and if it will fail again I'll ask for help.
    Then the ISO will be the resort for the upgrade.

Avi931, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Unable create ISO

2. Creating a Media Creation tool 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a Media Creation tool 2004: I have down loaded the program from your web site. I am installing the program on a 256 scan disk thumb drive. The drive is correctly formatted. I follow all instructions. The program fully loads on the drive. It then goes into a verifying of down load. At 59% I get an error...
  3. Creating Featuire 1903 update ISO with Media Creation Tool

Creating Featuire 1903 update ISO with Media Creation Tool: Hello--I understand the process of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Feature 1903 ISO. I will use the MCT when I have access to a better internet connection in July. Feature 1903 Update has showed in the Separate Module in Windows Update on my notebook. So it is...
  4. Media Creation Tool Question (Windows 10 Redstone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Creation Tool Question (Windows 10 Redstone): Hello, If I were to download the Media Creation Tool, August 2nd, at 12:00am Central Time, would I be able to download Windows 10 Redstone (1607; Anniversary Update)? I do have a MCT already downloaded, can I still use it? Or do I have to download another MCT? I...
  5. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  6. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  7. Are AU ISOs already available via Media Creation Tool?

Are AU ISOs already available via Media Creation Tool?: Hello. I'd like to know if these ISOs can be already downloaded. Thanks. 58468
  8. Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?: When using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft what is the size of the ISO that is created for X64 Windows Pro? The one I created is smaller than one I created from the install.esd file. The size I see is 3.10 GB (3,333,357,568 bytes). Can that be right? 10330
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...