Windows 10: Unable to Create New User Account

Discus and support Unable to Create New User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RogHil43, Aug 12, 2015.

1. RogHil43 Win User

Unable to Create New User Account

I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem?

:)

RogHil43, Aug 12, 2015

2. Unable to create new User account

Original Title: What do you do to add an account when the links to add an account for ANY type of account do not work?

I tried to set up a standard account in Windows 10, but it wont let me set up any type of user account on the local machine. The links you click on do not work.It is not the mouse. Everything else works. Anyone have a workaround?

RichardWest[#]-{}, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 12, 2015
  4. fredc Win User

Yeah , i do . I created a User account but it won't show next to Admin account when first turning on the computer.

fredc, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  6. RogHil43 Win User
    Add Someone Else to this PC button doesn't work in Accounts. But then the reason could be what is stopping me from accessing
    the Action Center, Search/Cortana and Edge.

RogHil43, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  8. RogHil43 Win User

I had considered that but means a lot of work to re -install all the software and there is no guarantee that the problem wont show up again.
    I little bit of history:
    I upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on my laptop, everything worked fine for just a short time, then I lost several functions. I then upgrade W7 on my desktop, and again it went well, then as above. I then did a clean install, this returned everything to normal for just a short period of time, and now I have to PC's with the problem that won't go away.

RogHil43, Aug 13, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if troubleshooting with a clean boot may be able to reveal a culprit.

Troubleshoot Problem with Clean Boot in Windows 8

I'm just not sure what may help with all those issues other than a clean install though. Does it start after doing anything specific that you noticed?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Create New User Account - Similar Threads - Unable Create User

2. Unwanted new User Account created by OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted new User Account created by OS: Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power...
  3. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  4. New user accounts being created - possibly virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New user accounts being created - possibly virus: I noticed today that 3 new accounts had been created yesterday on my computer. So today I ran Avast, Malware Bytes, and Microsoft Defender. All three came back clean. These accounts each has 10 files added, and had been created with three permissions: "Read and...
  5. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  6. Unable to setup new user account

Unable to setup new user account: I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now...
  7. Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.: I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image. But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image. When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the...
  8. Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10: I have upgraded a W7 OS to a W10 OS. One of my Administrator User Accounts was changed to ‘Temporary’. I deleted the Account since I lost the desktop and settings every time I logged off. I cannot create any other User Accounts. I open the ‘Add A User Account’ page then go to...
  9. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account

Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account: When I created a new user account, be it a local admin or standard user account or even logged in using Windows ID account, it all resulted with the same issue. I have no functionality of the taskbar at all. Not when clicking with my mouse or hitting the windows button....