Windows 10: Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 Ultimate Dell T7500 with an Xenon motherboard. I am unable to create the "RecoveryDrive"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rwrider, Oct 21, 2015.

1. rwrider Win User

Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10

I did the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 Ultimate Dell T7500 with an Xenon motherboard. I am unable to create the "RecoveryDrive" USB from the utility: recoverdrive.exe.

I have google searched for solutions with no "direct" solution. I have upgraded 8 other windows 7 PC's to Windows 10. About half will NOT create the recovery drive. What is the recoverydrive.exe looking for, in order to declare a failure?

Finally, I find on this forum steps to download the windows 10 ISO, using that ISO to build a bootable USB. You are directed to have a Windows key. QUESTION: can this key be the one I have with the Dell Windows 7, to be used with a Windows 10 ISO?

:)

rwrider, Oct 21, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 21, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10

If you're making a clean installation, you need to use your product key. - As of october 16, you can use your Windows 7/8 product key with a clean installation. You can also skip the product key activation, if you like.

AbAppletic, Oct 21, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The first two sentences are incorrect. Only the last sentence is correct. The released build of Windows 10 that you will get with the Media Creation Tool is still build 10240 which does not accept Windows 7 or 8 product keys, and since an upgrade has been performed once on that computer already, there is no need to enter any product key. Click on "skip" or "do this later" when asked to enter a product key.

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Are you running the .exe as a stand alone
    or are you trying to create a recovery drive via control panel

7. topgundcp Win User
    In addition, open the Admin Command Prompt and run: reagentc /info
    That should give you some idea what's wrong.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2015
  8. rwrider Win User

I do a search on "recoverydrive". The result shows "RecoveryDrive.exe". I right click and run as adminstrator. I also see that this executable is located in "windows\system32\RecoveryDrive.exe", which prompted me to pin it to the startmenu.

rwrider, Oct 22, 2015
  9. rwrider Win User
    I didn't see the RecoveryDrive option in the control panel. This is why I did the search for it per instructions I found searching Google.

rwrider, Oct 22, 2015
  10. rwrider Win User
    My results from this command:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info
    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
    Information:

Windows RE status: Enabled
    Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: bc1c84db-7307-11e5-a8cf-90bd4e032aec
    Recovery image location:
    Recovery image index: 0
    Custom image location:
    Custom image index: 0

REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

rwrider, Oct 22, 2015
  11. topgundcp Win User
    From Control Panel, it's called "Recovery" and if you click on it, it will show different choices, one is: Create a recovery drive.
    From: reagentc /info. The result showed that your recovery app is in Disk 0 Partition 4 where Winre.wim is and is enabled.
    Try to run from Control Panel to see if it works.

topgundcp, Oct 22, 2015
  12. rwrider Win User
    Let me try again! I replied, but do not see my post:
    First, I do not see the option to go to "create a recovery drive". Please look at my screen capture:

Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Secondly, please be more specific how to initiate Winre.wim from Disk 0, partition 4. I see the recovery label in "Disk Manager", but have no clue how to invoke it. Maybe it is invoked as a "bootup option".

rwrider, Oct 23, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

Control Panel > Recovery > Create a Recovery Drive

14. topgundcp Win User
    This is not Control Panel
    I did not suggest you to invoke it. Running the command to make sure that the "Recovery Environment" was enabled and it was.

topgundcp, Oct 23, 2015
  15. Slugger Win User
    You can also enter in search box Create a Recovery Drive .

Slugger, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to create "RecoveryDrive" in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable create RecoveryDrive

2. unable to create new account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to create new account on windows 10: i have deleted my admin account somehow from my kids account by mistake and have my kids account active only. now i am not able to create any new accounts on windows 10. in account settings i do not see the family or other users option as well. kindly suggest how can u create...
  3. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create account Windows 10: It is missing and I cant proceed. I need to create new account in the computer for my brother. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-account-windows-10/95581f37-34ba-4ca6-b0a8-6db88ea073d6
  4. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account Windows 10: It is missing and I cant proceed. I need to create new account in the computer for my brother. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-account-windows-10/95581f37-34ba-4ca6-b0a8-6db88ea073d6
  5. Unable to create account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to create restore point Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create restore point Windows 10: I have been doing "Restore points" for my Computers for years every a few weeks.But I am unable to create Restore point today in one of my desktop computer and got the following message after failed;"The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The write...
  7. Unable to create restore point Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create restore point Windows 10: I have been doing "Restore points" for my Computers for years every a few weeks.But I am unable to create Restore point today in one of my desktop computer and got the following message after failed;"The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The write...
  8. Unable to create restore point Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to create Windows 10 bootlog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create Windows 10 bootlog: I have upgraded my Windows home edition to 20 H2 and it is taking too long to log on to Windows. I decided to enable the bootlog in C:\Windows via the Windows configuration utility. The problem is that the log isn't being created. The log is still ticked in the config...
  10. Unable to create PIN in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create PIN in Windows 10: I re-installed Windows. I am admin; had PIN .. it was working well and one fine day it asked me to reset PIN which I am unable to do. I used troubleshooting tool in other thread. I am admin.. NGC folder is empty. What to do now?...