Windows 10: Unable to customize Lock Screen

Discus and support Unable to customize Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was hoping I could change the image on the lock screen, but it still appears not to work - when I select a new image I just get a spinning cursor in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by awalt, Aug 28, 2015.

1. awalt Win User

Unable to customize Lock Screen

I was hoping I could change the image on the lock screen, but it still appears not to work - when I select a new image I just get a spinning cursor in the preview screen. Is anyone having a luck customizing the Lock Screen image, if so how do you do it?

:)

awalt, Aug 28, 2015
  2. MichealOrlando, Aug 28, 2015
  3. DeRochier Win User
    Unable to select photo for lock screen

Ever since the dreaded Windows 10 Fall update (Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.222), which annoyingly reset all my privacy settings, I have been unable to select a custom image for the lock screen. (My custom desktop image was preserved.) Under
    the Lock Screen settings, I choose Background: Picture, but the browse button is grayed out. How do I fix this?

DeRochier, Aug 28, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

First thing I did was change the lockscreen, no problems on any of my 4 computers.

Go to: Start Menu > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen and specify your background as either picture or slideshow and underneath select picture(s) of your choice.

Unable to customize Lock Screen [​IMG]

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 28, 2015
  5. awalt Win User
    Mine does not work - where yours shows a preview screen, I just see the icon spinning forever - I left it for 20 minutes. It lets me do other things on that screen, but when I click on browse for picture and select one, it just spins. I have tried a bunch of pictures, are there any limits to what pictures can be chosen? Maybe all of mine are too big or something, yet in Windows 7 they all worked.

awalt, Aug 28, 2015
  6. tcman50 Win User
    Can you access the location of where your pictures are, especially if you are doing it over a network or via the cloud drive?

There might be some size restrictions on picture file size but I doubt, some of my pics are 2.8mb .pngs

tcman50, Aug 28, 2015
  7. awalt Win User
    Yes, when I click "Browse" I see all my pictures. They are just in folder on the same computer.

awalt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to customize Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Unable customize Lock

2. Windows 11 lock screen customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen customization: Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen to make it look like the windows 10 one.If this is not possible, Is there any 3rd party apps anyone could recommend. Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen...
  3. Windows 11 lock screen customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lock screen customization: Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen to make it look like the windows 10 one.If this is not possible, Is there any 3rd party apps anyone could recommend. Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen...
  4. I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need infomation on lock screen details, how to customize lock screen: I need instructions in lock screen details, to customize my lock screen by changing background to favorite photoes or slide show. social network updates, status notifications and other app system notifications. I need your help,...
  5. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  6. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  7. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the Windows 11 Lock Screen: [IMG]If you do not like the default lock screen settings, you can change them using the Windows Settings panel. Although the options are limited, you can personalize them according to your requirements. Here is how you can customize the Windows 11 lock screen. Like Windows...
  9. Help finding custom lock screen image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help finding custom lock screen image: I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?...
  10. Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hi. I have a slideshow that plays on my Windows 10 Lock Screen which is really nice. But what would be nice, also, is to be able to customize the text that is shown there. For example: • Can I change the font color/font effects of the text that shows the time and date? •...