Windows 10: Unable to Delete a Folder

Discus and support Unable to Delete a Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried various things including your suggestion which didnt work. What did work however was this: 1. open elevated command prompt 2. type rd /s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swarfega, Apr 4, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Unable to Delete a Folder

I tried various things including your suggestion which didnt work.

What did work however was this:

1. open elevated command prompt
    2. type rd /s /q \path\to\folder

and this removes them. You may have to enable the hidden administrator account which you can do following this guide.

Now to reinstall OneDrive!

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:.

Unfortunately this has left all the files behind even though most of them were stored in the cloud. I have followed this tutorial and also tried command prompt in advanced boot but nothing allows me to delete it.

According to security I do have ownership.

:)

swarfega, May 1, 2018
  3. Unable to delete a folder

Hi,

Strangely, yesterday I can't even delete the folder Resolve but today it works with the rd command in dos. Windows suprise me all the time !

Thanks

After Design, May 1, 2018
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Unable to delete a folder

Do you need its parent folder, C:\Users\Adrien\Videos\Resolve ? If not, have you tried deleting it?

Ken Blake, May 1, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    I don't think you can completely uninstall it as it's integrated in just about everything much less move it....with out having some serious complications.

I don't use it....at all. Simply because MS givith and takith away gigs of space (long story). So I just disable/turn it off after every upgrade or clean install I do.

Plankton, May 1, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    I do use OneDrive and having relocated it's folder, you'd think that you'd be able to delete the old one!

swarfega, May 1, 2018
  7. Give it a try with CCleaner (in tools), but you have 2 locations now... Run cmd lines so that it won't show up in Start nor in Explorer.
    Explorer and Start menu. In the guess account, keys must be delete manually.
    Code: REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f[/quote] Code: REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f[/quote] Other method:
    Code: taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe[/quote] Code: %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall[/quote] Revo Uninstaller Pro is probably the best option. Forced uninstall and browse the location in <<Full path to program file or folder>>. The only working area left would be changing its location. It is not possible to delete Onedrive nor any other MS apps.

They all have a cmd line to re-install them, they're just in a dormant state.

MikeMecanic, May 2, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Thank you. Will give it a try after work.

swarfega, May 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Delete a Folder - Similar Threads - Unable Delete Folder

2. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  3. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  5. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  6. folder unable to delete

folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  7. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  8. Unable to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder.: I have a folder on my D drive that I can't delete. It's in "my music". It's an album folder that I can't get rid of. I have deleted everything inside of it but the actual folder won't delete. It says "Item Not Found. Could not find this item. This is no longer located in...
  9. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  10. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...