Windows 10: Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow

Discus and support Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a bunch of cool abstract art and thought it would be neat to have that on my lock screen. So I turned it on, chose the album,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jen the Ancient, May 16, 2017.

1. Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow

I recently downloaded a bunch of cool abstract art and thought it would be neat to have that on my lock screen. So I turned it on, chose the album, locked my screen and went to bed. The next day I come home and touch my computer and am presented with horrible pictures of myself that I thought I had deleted forever, NOT my new abstract art. Upon examination, I realized that choosing my new folder failed to eliminate all the other folders previously chosen. Several of which were the Windows catch-all Pictures folder, so no matter what folder I pick, it's going to pull from ALL the pictures it can find. In the Background choices, it arbitrarily selected a folder of its own choosing from a facebook backup.

(A) So, how do I delete/remove the albums in the list? Right-click on the albums does nothing. I deleted my saved themes and in the process managed to obliterate the image that I wanted as my background - sigh.

(B) How do I choose fewer images to show? Why does Windows say this and give you that advice if there is no way to do it?

Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your answers. Even if it turns out to be something simple that makes me smack my head and say d'oh!

:)

Jen the Ancient, May 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 Lock screen wont change to new photos

Hi,

As your concern is to change the lock screen background picture, we will help you with this issue.

Follow the below steps to change your lock screen background:

• Go to Settings, click on
      Personalization
      , and on Lock screen.

• Here, under Background you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.

• Choose Slideshow and select the Choose albums for Slideshow, add the pictures under it.

• Also, click on Advanced Slideshow settings for better options.

For more information refer to:
    Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on changing the background on your device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2017
  3. Background slideshow error n screen saver settings reset to "NONE"

1) win10 V1709

2) set background (personalization==>settings) to slideshow and pointed to this folder

a) I created a folder name windows 10 wallpaper (aka wp folder) and it only has ALL .jpg files (not even alternate like jpeg, etc, just jpg)

b) there are 2 extra folders that are empty within the pictures library, called "Camera Roll" n "Saved Pictures" These come with the OS, I deleted them 3x and they "came back" on their own despite I didnt restore from rubbish bin

3) set locked screen to also slideshow

4) set screen saver to photos chose wp folder

5) Power & sleep settings==> screen = NEVER, sleep = NEVER

I have tried the workaround for my slideshow for background and locked screen, so will report back whether I am still getting "cant display slideshow" error once in a while (sometimes it decided to work, sometimes not). This is the part i dont quite understand

========================================

CASE: Set screen saver to photos and choose wp folder FIRST

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

3) set background to picture, locked screen to picture==>screen saver to picture ==> works screen saver is still picture

Case: Set screen saver AFTER setting background and locked screen

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> background and locked screen reset to picture

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==>both reset to picture

3) set background to slideshow, locked screen to picture==>both reset to picture

* whether i set background to slideshow or locked screen to slideshow or both or one of them to slideshow, the other picture will get RESET to picture once i set screen saver to photos

======================================

million dollar question: Why system even seems to display screen saver sometimes when its set to NEVER sleep for BOTH screen and sleep settings?

and giving me the error "there is a error to display the slideshow" (or something similar)

====================================

what I have tried so far

1) creating another folder making sure its under "library" and copy ALL my wp jpg files to this new folder and set background and locked screen to use this new folder ==> FAILED. Tried 3x

2) currently i tried a trick that one user says work for him, set locked screen to picture, locked the screen, login, set the locked screen to slideshow ==> will report back whether this work or not as I dont locked my screen

YMLeong1609, May 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow

Left click (regular click) on the folder containing the items you don't want to show and then click on the remove button.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2017
  5. OMG - it's IS a d'oh! Who ever heard of just clicking on something? Windows why would you do that?

Jen the Ancient, May 16, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep. Must have been the left handed programmer that wrote that section of code!

Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2017
  7. It's just habit for me to look for a contextual menu on the right click. Everything in Windows does something when you right click.....or so I thought!

I guess that's what I get for using Win 7 and Office 2013 at work all day and then coming home to confront Windows 10 and all its incomprehensible differences. Where did you hide this previously easy to find thing Microsoft? Why did you move it? It was perfectly fine where it was!

Jen the Ancient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow

1. Unable to delete albums for background and lock screen slideshow - Similar Threads - Unable delete albums

2. Unable to change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change lock screen background: For quite some time now I've been having issues with trying to change my lock screen background, I have tried switching to the slideshow and picture back and forth, but It shows my chosen picture in settings, yet whenever I sign out it ends up using the Windows Spotlight...
  3. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  4. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  5. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 Lock Screen not able to use slideshow feature. I am able to change photo. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-slideshow/121e2b4d-05d9-4cd3-9e5e-089a591c7f33
  8. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this 42422
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...