Windows 10: Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke

Discus and support Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a program running in the background and I'm sure it's a virus. It's probably left over and it's putting up one hell of a fight. I thought I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gettheclicker, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke

There is a program running in the background and I'm sure it's a virus. It's probably left over and it's putting up one hell of a fight.

I thought I had it all solved, I was wrong.

Double clicking the folder it's hiding in gives me an error, Access is denied. Not accessible.

Malwarebytes, rootkit, adware and spyware can't get into it nor delete it. Wise Force delete, super anti spyware, and unlocker also fail.

I can not take ownership and the pc cannot locate ownership.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 11, 2017

2. Unable to delete a folder

Hi,

Strangely, yesterday I can't even delete the folder Resolve but today it works with the rd command in dos. Windows suprise me all the time !

Thanks

After Design, Dec 11, 2017
  3. oslyMC Win User
    unable to delete folder

well you see here's the thing. i can delete all the items inside the folder, but not the folder itself. idk why, just discovered today.

oslyMC, Dec 11, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke

Have you tried booting into safe mode and deleting the folder?

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
  5. yes. still get the same error

6. C:\Users\Felony\AppData\Local\vsmwrke

Jetbrains which is what program some of the virus files were originated.

take ownership does not work either.

7. dmholt57 Win User
    Have you identified any running processes associated with Intellij or Resharper etc.

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
  8. Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke

cosutng.exe associated with Jetbrains s.r.o. ....

9. dmholt57 Win User
    So this is a running process that you cannot right click and end process?

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
  10. Correct. Access denied. Taking ownership fails as well. Changing permissions Fails. I have tried everything including CMD takeown command. Nothing works.

11. dmholt57 Win User
    I am speaking of the Task Manager under the processes tab, you have to end the associated task to gain access to the folder. If a process from inside the folder is running in Windows, the process in task manager must be killed before you can do anything with the folder.

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
  12. I understand you, I tried, it says access denied. When it comes to that file the computer acts as if I am not the admin. I have gone through the procedures to confirm to the computer that I am.

I have just tried yet another 3rd party remover, lock hunter and it claims the folder was deleted but then it just came right back!

13. dmholt57 Win User

Is it using alot of resources or any popups?

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
  14. During games it's causing my cpu to jump to 100% It has 7 windows/tasks in the task manager.

I'll just try resetting my windows.

Update, no can do. I can't pull up recovery nor access past restore points. The system acts as if it didn't acknowledge my selection and just sits there. The loading cursor pops on for a split second and nothing.

Still attempting to rid the folder containing the file. Nothing seems to work. iobit, unlocker, fileassassin, filegovernor, UnLockIt.

At the very least I was able to unlock it with some programs but still denied access to delete.

15. dmholt57 Win User
    If you hold down the left shift and select restart in the power icon, will it take you to the reset screen?

dmholt57, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to delete folder - vsmwrke - Similar Threads - Unable delete folder

2. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  3. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  5. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  6. folder unable to delete

folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  7. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  8. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to delete a folder

Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  10. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...