Windows 10: Unable to delete locked document

Discus and support Unable to delete locked document in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to delete this document but I can't seem to. I've tried the multiple ways that I found on the forums but none of them worked for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JASCINTA LEONG CHISUM, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Unable to delete locked document

Hi, I've been trying to delete this document but I can't seem to. I've tried the multiple ways that I found on the forums but none of them worked for me.

I uploaded the document from my Mac and when I did, a 'ds_store' appeared in my files as well and I deleted that, I didn't think it would be important. Later on, I tried deleting the document itself but failed to. Here is the notification that popped up when I tried to do so:

Unable to delete locked document 48d788d6-154a-48bd-abb0-f4a5805a3bc9?upload=true.png

I then even tried to open the document and this is what I got:

Unable to delete locked document d86ce8aa-eb6c-4877-b30e-01162dce8f61?upload=true.png

I also attempted to move the document/rename the folder but the same message keeps on appearing saying that it is locked by me. I've tried multiple ways but have still failed to delete the document. I think it might be a problem when I uploaded it or maybe the file is corrupted? Please do help!

:)

JASCINTA LEONG CHISUM, Jul 23, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2018
  3. SojiO Win User
    I can't delete words documents

Thanks a million, you made me look like an expert. Suggestion worked.

SojiO, Oct 13, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Unable to delete locked document

My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to delete locked document

1. Unable to delete locked document - Similar Threads - Unable delete locked

2. documents locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  3. documents locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  4. Lock symbol on documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lock symbol on documents: Lock symbol shows up on all pdf and work documents. How do I turn off this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-symbol-on-documents/5363cfa4-1828-429d-bb9b-10e9037269e3
  5. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  6. Locked documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked documents: Windows 10, version 20H2, build 19042.985 Hello, whenever I create or rename a document or a file, it gets locked. It doesnt affect anything but its kinda annoying because it has never happened before. Can I somehow disable it? 180242
  7. locked documents

locked documents: I am the administrator and sole user of my laptop yet sometimes I am unable to open a document because ' it is locked for editing by another user' or ' it is locked for editing by Elaine'. What can I do?...
  8. Document files locked.

Document files locked.: I have a CD-R disc with some document files created by me using Word Perfect OfficeX6, and downloaded into my Dell 3670 computer with Win.10. tried to file them under Document. During the process I was asked how to file by giving me a few choices, Windows Media Player,...
  9. Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder: Hi Ten Forums, I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations, desktop, downloads, pictures, music, etc........ but not in Documents. A system restore point back in February seemed to fix it...
  10. Deleted Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Document: I deleted a word document without saving it, is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/deleted-document/59ee5c6d-5354-4704-b675-b1226eec0403

Users found this page by searching for:

1. document is locked unable to delete