Windows 10: Unable to delete users I created in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to delete users I created in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did NOT sign up with Microsoft. I set up my logon, and then tried to set up a single user without a password. It all failed and now I have 2 extra... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gtoguy3, Oct 14, 2015.

1. gtoguy3 Win User

Unable to delete users I created in Windows 10

I did NOT sign up with Microsoft. I set up my logon, and then tried to set up a single user without a password. It all failed and now I have 2 extra users show up when the login screen appears. I want to DELETE the 2 extra users, but can't. I go to setup accounts and they aren't even shown. I set these up as a local administrator, with no Microsoft account. I go to 'c' prompt and type net user, and they are not there either. The 2 users ONLY show up on the login screen. I do not want to reset the machine because it works fine. I just want the LOGIN screen to go back to the one user. How do I get rid of the 2 extra user names I created? Thanks for the help

:)

gtoguy3, Oct 14, 2015
  2. John Zab Win User

Microsoft Account

Hi Jim,

If you need to remove your user account from the PC, try these steps:

• Press Windows then click Settings.
    • Click Account.
    • Choose Family and other users.
    • Click your user account.
    • Delete account and data for confirmation.
    Note: If you will delete the account and its data then you will be unable to use and get back those once deleted from there.

If you need a guide to create a new user, check Create a local user
    account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Windows firewall won't start

I was unable to complete your suggestion. On switch user the screen went black with no apparent activity and after awhile I rebooted and delete the new account.

Is there any way to repair windows booting from a usb drive?

siliconsoul, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

Unable to delete users I created in Windows 10

1. Unable to delete users I created in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable delete users

2. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  3. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  4. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  6. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  7. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to delete user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete user profile: Hi Folks Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, but it all started here. I am unable to delete an administrator profile from the account of another administrator. New PC with an SSD for apps and HDD for data. Tried to set it up to store data on the HDD by changing...
  9. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  10. Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10: I have upgraded a W7 OS to a W10 OS. One of my Administrator User Accounts was changed to ‘Temporary’. I deleted the Account since I lost the desktop and settings every time I logged off. I cannot create any other User Accounts. I open the ‘Add A User Account’ page then go to...