Windows 10: Unable to delete Windows Defender history

Discus and support Unable to delete Windows Defender history in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jct066, Mar 1, 2024.

1. jct066 Win User

Unable to delete Windows Defender history

I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have tried using Event Viewer, Powershell and a few other ways. Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

jct066, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Majulook Win User

Windows Defender Protection History - Unable to remove threat entry  

In another thread....

Majulook, Mar 1, 2024
  3. vicf1 Win User
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Mar 1, 2024
  4. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. Unable to delete Windows Defender history - Similar Threads - Unable delete Defender

2. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  5. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  7. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  8. Not delete history in Windows Defender

Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  9. Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History

Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History: Hello I wonder if anyone can help I'm using Windows 10 Home & also use Windows Defender for protection For some reason I am unable to clear the protection history , I have entries going back as far as 1/8/2020. I have tried numerous ways to clear it , deleting scan...
  10. Unable to Delete Search History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Delete Search History: Today, I searched for a file in File Explorer and noticed that every time I try typing something in the search field, that old file name keeps appearing in a drop down menu. I tried highlighting the history item and pressing the "Delete" key, but this doesn't remove the file...