Windows 10: Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Discus and support Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by windowspane, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed.

As far as I know, the only way to remove it is "Turn Windows Feature On or Off" -> deselect "Hyper-V" and hit OK, which results in the following message.

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10) [​IMG]

(We couldn't complete the features \ Undoing changes \ Don't turn off your computer)

I think I opened Hyper-V all of one time before deciding not to use it. The only changes I've made since are deleting the only VM, which was installed by VS, and disabling the Virtual Ethernet Adapters (they will no longer enable).

I successfully disabled IE11 as a test, which worked flawlessly.

I don't have any restore points to backup from and will probably resort to reinstalling Windows (second time since the 2 months I bought this) if I don't find anything.

-----

Device: Microsoft Surface Pro 4

OS Edition: Windows 10 Pro x64
    OS Version: 1607
    OS Build: 14393.321
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.4GHz 2.5GHz
    RAM: 8.00 GB

WindowsUpdate.log: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/a...dowsUpdate.log (~2MB)

:)

windowspane, Oct 21, 2016

2. Hyper V

I have read all the answers about disabling Hyper V in Windows 8.1. It does not work. I repeat, unchecking Hyper V in the change Windows Settings does not work. I ran Ubuntu and Fedora in the Virtual Machine. Now I have VM Ware. It
    is not compatible with Hyper V. How do I disable the virtual machines and the virtual disk created by Hyper V? I am using
    Windows 10.

Robber_joey, Oct 21, 2016
  3. 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 Tried literally everything mentioned in all posts. Need help!!!

Thank you for this hint.

Had exactly the same problem with a HP ZBook 17:

Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro ... 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 ... and after plying around with drivers, disabling devices 0xC1900101 - 0x30018

After disabling Hyper-V ... Hurra ... got it ...

But:

Enabling Hyper-V turns the laptop unbootable ...

So ... Clean Boot ... disable Hyper-V .... back again.

So I have to live without Hyper-V ... at least for a while (????)

This is my development machine with VS2013 ... so I would like to have Hyper-V back ...

Would like to hear how you get it back ... if you do ...

SuisseChris, Oct 21, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

cereberus, Oct 21, 2016
  5. egokick Win User
    You must uninstall virtual box first, then it will allow you to disable hyper-v

egokick, Jan 6, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You just replied to a three month old post!

Besides I gave the answer anyway. No need to uninstall anything.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

1. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Unable disable Hyper

2. completely unable to disable hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    completely unable to disable hyper v: I tried disabling it through "turn on/off windows features".I tried this powershell command: "Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All"I tried this powershell command: DISM /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-VI tried this cmd command:...
  3. completely unable to disable hyper v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    completely unable to disable hyper v: I tried disabling it through "turn on/off windows features".I tried this powershell command: "Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All"I tried this powershell command: DISM /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-VI tried this cmd command:...
  4. completely unable to disable hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10: Hi,I am unable to disable Hyper-V on Windows 10, literally tried everything from disabling it from windows features to using the bcedit command and updating the registry, However hypervisor is always still detected in system info after I reboot. If anyone could help with a...
  6. Unable to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10

Unable to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10: Hi,I am unable to disable Hyper-V on Windows 10, literally tried everything from disabling it from windows features to using the bcedit command and updating the registry, However hypervisor is always still detected in system info after I reboot. If anyone could help with a...
  7. Unable to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  9. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
  10. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
Tags: