Windows 10: Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home

Discus and support Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Was trying to downgrade my win 10 to win 8.1 using the setting -> recovery -> Go back windows 8.1 . The steps were smooth and the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xlreme, Aug 14, 2015.

1. xlreme Win User

Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home

Hi,

Was trying to downgrade my win 10 to win 8.1 using the setting -> recovery -> Go back windows 8.1 . The steps were smooth and the system proceeded to reboot. But after rebooting, it stills goes back to windows 10. Tried 3 times and still the same.

FYI, The windows.old folder is still there.

Does anyone had the same issue?

:)

xlreme, Aug 14, 2015

2. Bought 8.1 Pro - if I upgrade to Windows 10 will I lose my "Pro" version and go back to Home?

Hi,

You can't use your 8.1 Pro Key on Windows 10 Home to upgrade 10 Home to 10 Pro.

They are different operating systems and Licenses.

And if you buy Windows 10 Home, there is no downgrade rights back to 8.1, as only OEM 10 Pro has downgrade rights.

Device Partner Center

Windows 10 Pro includes

downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

If you had a computer that had 8.1 Pro installed, you would have upgraded to 10 Pro.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 14, 2015
  3. downgrade from home from professional after an upgrade with new key

I got a Windows 8.1 machine I've upgraded to Windows 10 Home and then used a new Key to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional.

Would I be able to downgrade to the Home edition? Or would I have to start from scratch to get back to the Home edition?

And then would I be able to down grade to the 8.1 version there after?

seun-tobi[msanswerme], Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home

1. Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home - Similar Threads - Unable downgrade home

2. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  3. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  4. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  5. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Soo I have a problem downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Home which was the default Edition of my new Notebook Dell Inspiron 14. This is what I did what happened: - First, I got this new notebook and started it .. the normal Windows Home startup "wizard" showed up and...
  6. Windows 10 pro to home downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro to home downgrade: When i initially bought my laptop, it had windows 10 home installed and activated by a digital key(i had paid for it). But a few days earlier, my laptop got stuck in a kind of bootloop. To get it repaired i gave my laptop to the retailer who deleted the windows 10 home, and...
  7. Downgrade windows 10 pro to home

Downgrade windows 10 pro to home: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to pro but now i want to revert it and before upgrade i made a system image so can it revert my changes and my old licence of home edition ?...
  8. Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home: I had to change my motherboard a while back and had someone do it for me. He also had to reinstall Windows as he changed my computer from Windows 7 to 10. For some reason, the computer is installed with Windows 10 Pro when I have a license for Home. I tried to downgrade the...
  9. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: I recently acquired a used Surface Pro 4 from my husband's company and wanted to change from Enterprise to Home. I have purchased a digital version of Home, but have since found out that I need at least Windows 10 Pro for work. I have not been able to install the Home onto...
  10. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...