Windows 10: Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

Discus and support Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop (64 bit OS) using Windows 10 Home. I was recently forced to first attempt to repair and then finally restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DGC0101, Aug 15, 2018.

1. DGC0101 Win User

Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop (64 bit OS) using Windows 10 Home. I was recently forced to first attempt to repair and then finally restore Windows 10 using a downloaded ISO file. The restore was successfully completed, and most of my files were retained; interestingly, not all applications were removed during the restore (for example, Anaconda Navigator, Octave and Python were not completely removed. Nevertheless, the repair/restore appears to have worked save for several problems:

1) I cannot download critical Windows updates, as indicated by the PENDING updates below,

2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4343909)

2018-08 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4343902)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - August 2018 (KB890830)

2) I cannot download any apps from the Microsoft store, e.g., Groove, Xbox, Skype, etc., that are standard to Windows 10 Home.

I am having no difficulty with my network, as I can access the internet without any issues. I also do not believe the problem is with my security software, Bitdefender Total Security 2019, as the problem persists whether or not the software is installed.

Please advise if you have a technical solution. Thank you.

:)

DGC0101, Aug 15, 2018

2. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Aug 15, 2018
  3. clayto Win User
    Store apps will not download or update

Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the Store cache and other fixes but nothing works. sfc and DISM have been run.

Suggestions please?

clayto, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate you interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to download Apps from Windows Store, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Kindly let us know if you are able to see any error message/ notification.

I suggest you to login through administrator Microsoft Account and perform the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on
      Yes to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.

• Type the below command in the Command Prompt:

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of...

1. Unable to download either system updates or apps from store after repair and reinstall of... - Similar Threads - Unable download either

2. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  3. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  4. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  6. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  7. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

8. Unable To download app from the store.

Unable To download app from the store.: my computer Windows10 Pro keeps saying this app is not compatible with this device. All the apps keeps showing that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-app-from-the-store/6125d449-54ba-4c0b-ba55-8cd8b10fec8e
  9. Downloading Apps from either the Apple App store or from Google App store...

Downloading Apps from either the Apple App store or from Google App store...: Hello again! Hoping I word this properly and do not create any confusion! I am wanting to download the wish.com app - per their website it can be downloaded from the apple app store or from Google play....of course it's not offered on the Windows Store (any idea as to...
  10. Unable to download Apps from the Microsoft store.

Unable to download Apps from the Microsoft store.: I have a new build PC (first time for me to do this) and have Win 10 pro 64 bit loaded. I can access the internet but when I try to download an App from the Microsoft store I'm told " It appears you are not connected to the internet " A fault code of 0x800704cf is also shown,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to downlaod after reinstall