Windows 10: Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update

Discus and support Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the case even after following this walkthrough. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 None of the various Microsoft fixits or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Zibeltor Win User

Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update

This is the case even after following this walkthrough. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 None of the various Microsoft fixits or troubleshooters have been able to solve the issue either. I just recently did a clean install of Windows 7; the app was there and said I was ready to upgrade but I wanted to do the clean install to be safe. *cry

:)

Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 7, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update :)

musum, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Skip the update route(I did) go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install and create a Windows 10 USB that can be used to upgrade to 10(must be done first), later a clean install(which is always better), and later to repair the system when all else fails.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Zibeltor Win User
    Okay, I just used the same USB that had my Windows 7 flash for the recent clean install. The media tool will automatically erase and overwrite that, correct?

Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Yup. it needs to reformat it.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Zibeltor Win User
    Oh no; now I can't activate it because the key on my sticker isn't working. I'm sure that it's typed in correctly, by the way. And it's showing a current product key that I don't recognize and stuck in an awful resolution. >.< Can I do a clean install now to try and fix this?

Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Zibeltor Win User

So, I fixed that by just installing the proper graphics card drivers. I'm still having a lot of trouble activating it though. :/ EDIT: Also, I noticed I somehow got a 32-bit version of Windows 10, when I could have sworn I selected the 64 bit version. It also seems to be constantly using 100% of my CPU for some reason on this local network service. Would there be a way to fix that in the clean install as well?

Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You can clean install AFTER you have successfully upgraded and Activated Win10. When the upgrade process is finished you do not need to give your key... just go to Settings app>Update & Recovery>Activation. Sometimes it takes a while when going from Win7 to Win10(Win8 to Win10 is almost immediate).

You could either roll back to 7 or if you have a system image of it, reimage and get the correct architecture(64bit) again from the download site.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Zibeltor Win User
    And now I can't get my internet to work well enough to even try activating it online. Do you have any recommendations for the huge, memory-leaking shvhost program (using ~99 of my CPU)? Most of my research says you need to update to fix it, but of course I can't do that with an unactivated version that can't connect to the internet. :/

Zibeltor, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Zibeltor Win User
    The internet has returned after a quick call to my ISP; we had a pretty bad thunderstorm here the other night. Windows still is refusing to activate; I called Microsoft the other day to try and activate over the phone and after the lady confirmed my product key was valid, she transferred me to some hold, waiting line where I got disconnected after five minutes. So frustrating! The only other option M$ has given me is to pay $120 for a new license, which considering I was going to get it for free last week, I'm very much not excited about. Any alternatives?

Zibeltor, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    You don't need to input your key during the installation process to upgrade or later for a clean install. You just skip it(3 times I believe it is) and get connected to the internet when your system has 10 on it, then go to Activation in the settings app.

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Zibeltor Win User

Right, I've been reading all the guides and troubleshooters and what not. For whatever reason though, my settings page does not have the simple "Activate" button to click. It just tells me to enter a product key or go to the store. It wont even give me the phone number for the phone activation anymore. *Mad I'm trying to attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean, but my processor being drained has made even that somewhat difficult.

Zibeltor, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    If it looks like this you're activated(note the text):

Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Zibeltor Win User
    Yeah, except my screen says exactly the opposite. Sorry for the delay, I eventually just decided it'd be faster to switch back to my laptop.
    Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update [​IMG]

Zibeltor, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to download the "Get Windows 10 App" update - Similar Threads - Unable download App

2. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  3. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  4. Unable to download Windows 11 OS Updates, or downloads/ updates through the xbox app, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Windows 11 OS Updates, or downloads/ updates through the xbox app, and...: List of things I've done and have failed.- Deleted temporary files @ C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStoreC:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download- used wsreset- run troubleshooters no problems detected- reset the store and xbox app- re-install the store and xbox app-...
  5. Unable to download Apps

Unable to download Apps: I recently intuned one device. , followed all the steps from plugging in the ethernet cable , connecting to the domain in order to make it a compliance device , updating the windows , everything went smoothly. But I didn't get the company portal app, so I'm trying to get it...
  6. Unable to download Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Apps: I recently intuned one device. , followed all the steps from plugging in the ethernet cable , connecting to the domain in order to make it a compliance device , updating the windows , everything went smoothly. But I didn't get the company portal app, so I'm trying to get it...
  7. Unable to download Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. unable to download apps

unable to download apps: hey,i am unable to download app from microsoft store whwnever i am clicking it says calucating file size will be left like that months but not downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-apps/3e831d05-8d7d-4bd5-b01a-e4e51673f4b3
  9. Unable to download or update MS Store apps

Unable to download or update MS Store apps: Downloads and updates no longer work. In my start menu, there are multiple apps that are updating but the progress bar never moves. When I press an app in the store to look at it, it takes a long time to respond and often doesn't load. One of the updates is for the Microsoft...
  10. Unable to download Apps

Unable to download Apps: Hi, I bought new laptop with win10 home edition pre installed. When I am trying to install any software from Microsoft Store, it download for few MB's and then it stops. I tried basic troubleshooting available on internet and recommendations given by Microsoft chatbot, but...