Windows 10: Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I access my Outlook.com email through the Windows 10 Mail app - this is the same Microsoft Account that I sign into my laptop with. When I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by garydexter, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

Hi,

I access my Outlook.com email through the Windows 10 Mail app - this is the same Microsoft Account that I sign into my laptop with.

When I Right-Click on the Junk Folder and click on "Empty Folder", as I would so in Outlook or on Outlook.com, I am presented with the below error:

Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG]

I then have to select each message individually and then hit the Delete key to delete the messages in there.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or know any fixes?

Thanks,

Gary

:)

garydexter, Feb 12, 2016
  2. topsy1125 Win User

Empty Trash and Junk Folder in Windows 10 Mail app with a single click

open trash/junk folder, right click, drop down will appear, select EMPTY FOLDER follow prompts. that will empty the folder/folders.

topsy1125, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Junk Mail folder in windows 10

IanMcdougall 525, Feb 12, 2016
  4. Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

No that is the way I do it as well
    One at a time
    I do it once a day at the end just before I log off

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    I don't even get the option to Empty Folder in my W10 Mail app. I can only delete by selecting multiple emails using the selection mode button and then deleting them all in one go.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Interesting - it's definitely there as an option - it just doesn't work!!

garydexter, Feb 14, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    By way of contrast here is the result I get and I have also posted my settings.

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

Mine is set to Download as Items Arrive and Download all Items - I overrode the default settings to change to this.

garydexter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App

1. Unable to empty "Junk" folder in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Unable empty Junk

2. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  3. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  4. Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App

Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App: Hello Community, I am using the Mail app on my laptop to check my Yahoo email. There are 2 similar folders named "drafts" and "draft." The folder named "drafts" has the rename, delete and move options greyed out. I am assuming this is a folder I cannot delete. However,...
  5. Windows 10 Mail - no junk folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail - no junk folder: I have set up Windows 10 mail to access my Sky/Yahoo email accounts. In W 10 mail I do not have a junk folder in the list of folders. Where do I get it please? Thanks Phil...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing

Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing: Hi, My work email on the windows 10 email app doesn't have a junk folder when I go to "more" folders. I have junk mail that I need to access. My outlook email account on the same app has a junk folder when I click on "more" folders and is working fine. I've tried...
  7. Managing Junk folder in Mail App

Managing Junk folder in Mail App: How do I control what is going into my junk folder in windows mail? <**Original Title: Junk folder***> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-junk-folder-in-mail-app/2a7c36d0-79dd-4946-8958-3591974d2318
  8. Email Junk mail folder

Email Junk mail folder: Since setting up my email on my laptop Windows 10 I am unable to sync the Junk folder, incoming and out going email is fine, just an empty Junk folder, I can see all content of junk folder on my iphone and Tablet, any ideas mario...
  9. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  10. Windows 10 Mail and Junk Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail and Junk Mail: I hope someone can help me with this cos it's driving me nuts! after getting several emails from Microsoft to start using the Windows 10 Mail that came with W10, I finally got it set up. I do like it, but it's a little frustrating to use compared to my old Live Mail app. I...