Windows 10: Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games

Discus and support Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm running on AMD Sapphire 7850 2GB OC. All PopCap Games works fine on my previous Windows versions. I couldn't change resolutions or enable hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chunhoecch, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games

I'm running on AMD Sapphire 7850 2GB OC. All PopCap Games works fine on my previous Windows versions. I couldn't change resolutions or enable hardware accelerations. Stuck on full screen.

I've done clean install for Windows 10, reinstalled the AMD driver v15.7.1 and still no solution. I've seen those games whitelisted on Sticky Thread, anyone can help me solve this glitch?

Thanks and regards.

Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games [​IMG]

Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games [​IMG]

:)

chunhoecch, Aug 2, 2015
  2. petrib Win User

N96? It's 3D HW accelerated??

The N96 does not have 3D hw acceleration, and the N96 info on Forum Nokia has been corrected.

N-Gage games now do not use 3D hw acceleration (as many of the devices it runs on, or needs to run on do not have 3D hw acceleration). Nokia has stated that the N-Gage SDK for N-Gage game developers will enable use of 3D hw acceleration in a future update (after
    which games will come, for devices with 3D hw).

petrib, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Does the n85 have 3D acceleration?

What do you mean what do those features mean?

They mean what they say.

Just because the phone supports the Java API for 3D doesn't mean that it has 3D HW acceleration.

Most phones support this API, but only a handful have 3D Hardware acceleration.

N96 and N85 DO NOT have 3D Hardware acceleration yet they can still run Java games that are 3D (like global racer) or other 3D games (like Asphalt3) just the 3D performance is not great.

el_loco---01, Aug 2, 2015
  4. mart44 Win User

Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games

Not much help but just to say you're not alone in having the same message with a PopCap game (happening with Bejeweled Twist). It occurs differently though. I have an Nvidia GeForce 650 graphics card and the game will run windowed in with the 800 x 600 setting. Trying to run it at a higher resolution full-screen is when the message arises. The game can crash too. It worked OK with Windows 8.1.

Bejeweled Twist is quite an old game now and maybe it won't ever work with Windows 10. Windows Store has 'Bejeweled Live'. Not bad but not as good as Bejeweled Twist. Bookworm (another PopCap game) looked like it might not work but did run full screen after giving a warning that the graphics card may not fully support hardware acceleration. Again, no problem running the game in Windows 8.1.

mart44, Aug 3, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Did you try running it in compatibility mode?

eLPuSHeR, Aug 4, 2015
  6. mart44 Win User
    I have tried that. It didn't help unfortunately

mart44, Aug 4, 2015
  7. I've sent report regarding this matter. Once I installed AMD Catalyst 15.7.1, game is totally unplayable.

For AMD users, do take part of it AMD Issue Reporting Form.
    I'm not sure about Nvidia, sorry *Sad

chunhoecch, Aug 4, 2015
  8. vgchat Win User

Try playing around with the compat.cfg, having a look at it now.

vgchat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games - Similar Threads - Unable enable Hardware

2. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  3. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  4. how to enable hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable hardware acceleration: plz help me to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-hardware-acceleration/843ebfe9-bc78-452f-af10-ea2b06f465f1
  5. accelerate hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accelerate hardware?: I am unable to finish any instructions on how to accelerate hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accelerate-hardware/241d0be8-bb95-4912-8ec4-350278ac49d5
  6. 3d accelerator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3d accelerator error: I downloaded windows 10 to my pc and i cant get my world of warcraft game to play. The game downloaded but whenever i hit start i get a error saying 3d accelerator isnt compatible or something like that. I tried updating nvidia, it has the microsoft basic adapter and far as i...
  7. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's: Hi there If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when you've ticked the enable 3d box in the edit VM configuration from the VMWare menu simply add these 2 lines to the .vmx VM...
  8. Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware): Hi folks add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it. In the VM config...
  9. 3D accelerator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D accelerator: Is 3D accelerator available for my system so I can still play Forge of Empires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3d-accelerator/0514f0ae-86b9-41ca-81bb-ffff177e8549
  10. How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?: While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enabled PopCap old games 3D acceleration

2. enable pop games 3d acceleration

3. zuma revenge hardware acceleration virtualbox

4. zuma 3d hardware acceleration,
  5. bejeweled 3 cant start hardware acceleration,
  6. popcap games 3d acceleration intel 530,
  7. popcap games,
  8. zuma 3d acceration,
  9. ZUMA unable 3d hardware,
  10. compat.cfg,
  11. popcap hardware accelleration confirmation does not stay on