Windows 10: Unable to enter BIOS

Discus and support Unable to enter BIOS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; While troubleshooting another issue I decided to boot from USB. I find now that I am unable to enter BIOS. In the past I would get a brief message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbeck, Oct 30, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

Unable to enter BIOS

While troubleshooting another issue I decided to boot from USB. I find now that I am unable to enter BIOS. In the past I would get a brief message during boot to hit a certain key, I believe that it was F2. Mow that message doesn't appear. I go to settings/recovery/advanced settings/troubleshoot/startup settings and I get a blank screen for at least 3 minutes if I click either "startup settings" or "UEFI Firmware settings"

How can I get into BIOS?

:)

lbeck, Oct 30, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

unable to enter bios to change boot sequence after upgrade to windows 10

From login or windows desktop use the Restart then you should see the bios screen F2 F12 or whatever notes appear to access bios.

When you shutdown windows, the Fast Startup option is default. It acts much like a mini hibernate so you wont see or have available the bios entry key press from a shutdown state.

You can disable that in power options if necessary. It is a nice feature though sometimes it does cause some problems.

'Mike P, Oct 30, 2017
  3. unable to enter bios to change boot sequence after upgrade to windows 10

after upgrading my friends desktop form windows 7 to windows 10 I am unable to enter the bios to change boot sequence. I have been told that this is a security feature but how can you change boot sequence when required.

bill_white45, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Unable to enter BIOS

From what I've read, it's the F2 key. Restart and wait for the post beep, at the post beep....tap the F2 key repeatedly until the screen changes.

Plankton, Oct 30, 2017
  5. lbeck Win User
    Thanks. I found the problem. I have 2 monitors and the bios option is appearing on the monitor that was turned off. I'll now disable the off monitor and continue.

Thanks for your input. This issue closed on my part.

lbeck, Oct 30, 2017
  6. Hi,
    Yes it's best if using 2 monitors to have them both on *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to enter BIOS

1. Unable to enter BIOS - Similar Threads - Unable enter BIOS

2. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS enter fail: I always fail to enter BIOS, I want to enter this to enable VT. I tried pressing all F keys, but nothing worked. UEFI BIOS settings do not have the options to enable/disable VT. Please help....
  3. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS enter fail: I always fail to enter BIOS, I want to enter this to enable VT. I tried pressing all F keys, but nothing worked. UEFI BIOS settings do not have the options to enable/disable VT. Please help....
  4. BIOS enter fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.: Hello,I have recently been trying to restart my computer and boot into UEFI mode so I can access the BIOS settings of my computer, but I am always unable to do so. I am always able to get to the point of restarting and selecting the UEFI mode, but it never actually opens it....
  6. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.: Hello,I have recently been trying to restart my computer and boot into UEFI mode so I can access the BIOS settings of my computer, but I am always unable to do so. I am always able to get to the point of restarting and selecting the UEFI mode, but it never actually opens it....
  7. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  9. Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enter BIOS in windows 10: I've gone through several help sections to try to open up BIOS in Window 10 - and some the answer here are so unhelpful. Is there a simple way to open in BIOS mode to update my BIOS? It from 2012 and I have having some issues with the computer. Or it is just tough...
  10. Unable to enter password in bios screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password in bios screen: i HAVE A HP WITH WINDOWS 10 PRO OS. i HAVE A BIOS PASSWORD WHEN LOGGING IN.WHEN WHEN I TURN ON THE COMPUTER AND TRY TO ENTER THE PASSWORD NOTHING TYPES IN THE SCREEN. i TRIED DIFFERENT PORTS AND DIFFERENT KEY BOARDS WITH THE SAME RESULTS. i TOOK THE BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUGGED...