Windows 10: Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I need to export my Outlook 2016 Address book to a .csv file. I have done this many, many times in the past but now after I run the export the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Dec 30, 2016.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

I need to export my Outlook 2016 Address book to a .csv file. I have done this many, many times in the past but now after I run the export the resulting .csv file when opened with Excel is completely blank except to row 1 which contains the headings title, first name, middle name, etc. No data is below that line and of course when I try to import the file on another computer it doesn't.

I just successfully ran an export/import operation a few days ago. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Here is a screen shot of the exported csv file as seen by Notepad. I hope it helps solve the problem. The stuff on the far right seems to be from Calendar and I don't have clue how it got there.

Thank you.

Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

JJG10, Dec 30, 2016
  2. 3TK
    3tk Win User

outlook 2016

how to export contact-persons from outlook 2016

3. transferring email files from old pc to new pc

How do I transfer my emails from my old pc using windows Vista Windows mail to my new PC using Outlook 2016. I am unable to export from windows mail in a format that outlook on my new pc will recognise. My export options are Microsoft exchange ? or windows
    email? Outlook appears to want a .pst file.

Biffa Bacon, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

Let me start with please pardon the question. I have Outlook and sometimes it has a mind of its own.

Are you syncing Outlook 2016 with another mail service, like Outlook.com (formerly hotmail, formerly msn, etc).

I ask as the contact folder appears multiple times with the views exploded, at least on mine. Likely only one has real info.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Caledon Ken

I found many 'unavailable' entries in the People tab. I deleted all of them one by one and that solved the problem

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10

1. Unable to Export Contacts from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Export Contacts

2. Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and am trying to export my contact 'Groups' to the new device. I can find information on how to export 'Contacts' from Outlook 2007 into Windows 10 mail, but I have a number of 'Groups' set up, and they don't export when creating a...
  3. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  4. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016: I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it...
  5. Contacts missing in outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts missing in outlook 2016: I upgraded office 2007 to office 2016 professional. Everything was OK yesterday. But today I noticed that all my contacts in outlook are missing. They changed the file outlook.pst to “my L: name@woh.rr.com.ost. I put in my old outlook.pst that I have saved but it ignores it...
  6. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...
  7. Outlook 2016 contacts

Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  8. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...
  9. Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?

Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?: I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've managed to get her email to...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...