Windows 10: unable to fresh install-help!

Discus and support unable to fresh install-help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 laptop. It had 8.1 on it. It was upgraded to Win10, used one day, then crashed, and unable to boot. When handed to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clark kent, Dec 2, 2015.

1. unable to fresh install-help!

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 laptop. It had 8.1 on it. It was upgraded to Win10, used one day, then crashed, and unable to boot. When handed to me for inspection, I found the partitions were all kinds of messed up. After several attempts to straighten them out, we decided to clean the drive, and reinstall Win10 via ISO Media Creation Tool. I cleaned the drive with Diskpart, leaving the entire drive blank and unallocated. I created the media via creation tool for usb flash drive, changed the boot order in bios. The installation begins, and after selecting Windows 10 Home x64, it blue screens out, kernel security check. Now what to do?

:)

clark kent, Dec 2, 2015
  2. ShivanshS Win User

Unable to install Windows 10 - fresh install

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried almost everything that you have suggested in past 3 days with no positive outcome as of now.

And as replied to Dave in this chain itself, I have now waited for more than 4 hours for this process to complete with no results.

Since the installer is trying to "install updates" - is there any way I can go online in this install process itself? Its a fresh install so no configuration of Wifi or even no accessibility of Wifi via installer.

ShivanshS, Dec 2, 2015
  3. ShivanshS Win User
    Unable to install Windows 10 - fresh install

At present the install process is on and it is now stuck at same point from past 4 hours and it is the max I have waited for the installer to respond further.

To your point of being online/offline while installing windows, since this is a fresh install, my laptop isn't online as there is no way to configure WiFi via installer itself. To take the device online, the OS shall run first and then only I will be able
    to connect to internet. Please correct me if I am missing anything here.

Thus, my laptop is all offline and the installer is stuck on "Installing Updates". Also, I noted that the step name written on the screen is not in bold at the moment where as all the previous steps were in bold when they were getting completed. So, can
    I say that the installer has not even begun with this particular step?

ShivanshS, Dec 2, 2015
  4. unable to fresh install-help!

EDIT: Fixed! The hdd had become "RAW", which I found out when I hooked the drive up in my caddy to my own pc. Weirdly enough, at near the same time apparently, one of the two ram sticks went bad. How I determined these two facts is another story. In the end, I swapped out hard drives, removed a ram stick, then tried once again to install windows 10. Boom! Success.

clark kent, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

unable to fresh install-help!

1. unable to fresh install-help! - Similar Threads - unable fresh install

2. Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10: I've been trying to fix my computer after it was having issues with multiple different applications crashing very often during normal use. I Attempted to just repair Windows and that did nothing. So my next step is to do a fresh install, in case the registry became corrupt...
  3. Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10: I've been trying to fix my computer after it was having issues with multiple different applications crashing very often during normal use. I Attempted to just repair Windows and that did nothing. So my next step is to do a fresh install, in case the registry became corrupt...
  4. Help with fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  5. BDOS after fresh install Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BDOS after fresh install Help!: I just did a completely fresh install after wiping my drive. I've only installed two drivers, one at a time, the first razer synapse and I waited and no crash then I installed nvidia gpu driver, bsod almost instantly. Rolled back the drivers and now its constantly crashing. I...
  6. Unable to fresh install windows

Unable to fresh install windows: I am trying to complete a fresh install of Windows. I have tried several times now using different options in the recovery settings and i have also tried using the installation media on a USB several times. It completes and then goes to restart. I then get a blue screen...
  7. Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10

Unable to perform fresh install of windows 10: My HP Pavillion 510-127c desktop failed to boot sometime back. Installed a new hard drive, created a Windows 10 media on a USB stick and started to install windows 10. The installation seems to go through different steps smoothly including installation 100% completed, getting...
  8. fresh install help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fresh install help: okay, so I've been having some strange issues with lots of things, specifically in multiple games, and specifically R6S having mouse input lag. I think I just need a fresh install. I have a HDD and an SSD both 1TB and the HDD currently just has a backup on it, so could I...
  9. I need help with fresh install

I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  10. Fresh install help file backup

Fresh install help file backup: Where can I get a list of files I need to copy before formatting my hard drive? boy, I miss Easy File Transfer. *Sad 28993