Windows 10: Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10

Discus and support Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrade from 7 to 10 my 2 brother printers were visible and apparently ready. The HL2270DW would not print - just spooled forever but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hardvark, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hardvark Win User

Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10

After upgrade from 7 to 10 my 2 brother printers were visible and apparently ready. The HL2270DW would not print - just spooled forever but the MFCJ825DW worked. I tried using the Brother uninstall tool to remove the laser driver then installed the W8.1 package for it. Would not install. So I wondered if the other printer was to blame and removed it as well and re-installed. I have done this many times now getting progressively more thorough including removing all mentions of Brother drivers using Devices and Printers interface, uninstalling in Device Manager installing in a different order and as administrator, removing folders left over etc. The result is always the same. I can get one of them installed but attempting to print gives the error Driver not installed - do you want to install? Click through, install via windows process but it fails anyway.

Any idea what is causing this please? Thanks.

:)

Hardvark, Aug 9, 2015

2. Printer driver not loading. Ends with error

I have a AMD ACER laptop. I tried to load the latest driver from Brother for my HL-5470DW printer but the driver installations errors out by telling me to get the latest driver from the manufacture. In working with Brother support, they tell me I have
    to talk to Microsoft for a driver that will work with my Newest level Windows 10 operating system. They say that they were not contacted by Microsoft that there drivers wont work with the latest win10 systems. Please advise. I have looked at all the Microsoft
    and brothers info on how to load printer drivers on win10 but nothing has worked.

DennyMaloney, Aug 9, 2015
  3. RichDavis Win User
    Windows 10 Print Spooler Problem 0x800706b9

i upgraded on 10/22 from win8.1 to win10 via windows update. both were 62bit. i have a brother MFC-J825dw that used to work on my 8.1 system (and win7.1 & xp & ipad) all via wifi. the win10 system is an HP envy 17t-j000 with 1TB HDD & 16gb ram

seems the upgrade created a new printer called "bother... copy(1)". i deleted all the other brother printers. i tried the brother remove the drivers tool, but it gets and error before completing. (run as admin). i was using the win10x64 version.
    maybe i shoulda used the 8.1 version that the printers were created under.

cant delete the printer created by the update process.

spooler wont start. it gets the 0x800706b9 (out of resources error) too. the "RPC endpoint" & "Dcom" services are running

ran the SFC /scannow tool. it was happy. the printer has trying to use the wsdprint.sys in the c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\ place. (it is 10.0.10240.16384). TrustedInstaller has full priv's

maybe i'll try installing it as a usb printer some time

guess brother wanted me to remove all their stuff before i started the win10 upgrade. they might eventually get around to a new cert driver in November

RichDavis, Aug 9, 2015
  4. NCguy Win User

Yes. I had almost the same problem with all my printers including my brothers. The problem was the spooler service. I used the printer troubleshooter and it immediately fixed the spooler. It's only been a day so I don't know if the spooler will fail again. I'm watching it.

What is your motherboard? I have an intel dp35dp. Windows 10 update showed compatible but intel is showing no drivers for Windows 10. That concerns me and I'm conscious of the 30 day revert clock.

NCguy, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Hardvark Win User
    Thanks for help. I ended up reinstalling windows 10 last weekend. This lost me my easy revert of course but it has solved the printer problem.

Hardvark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to get Brother Printer drivers working in Win10 - Similar Threads - Unable Brother Printer

2. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  3. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  4. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to download Brother's printer's app

Unable to download Brother's printer's app: I just bought a new Dell laptop. Inspiron 3593. My older Dell is slowing down. I have tried to download the driver for my Brother MFC-L2685DW printer. I download the link from Brother, but when I try to install I get this message:Windows protected your PCMicrosoft Defender...
  6. Brother Printer Drivers

Brother Printer Drivers: I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-drivers/b3d579c3-2686-4c54-8476-abf0e930e113
  7. Brother printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working: My Brother printer model DCP-195C stopped working recently, I believe as a result of a Microsoft update. Will this printer problem be resolved by Microsoft in another update ?...
  8. Brother Printer Not Working

Brother Printer Not Working: Windows 10 has affected my printer. I need simple, easy directions to get my printer and PC to talk to each other again. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-not-working/a854253d-a2e0-46ee-a090-df5e19cd0e87
  9. Brother Printer Driver Question

Brother Printer Driver Question: Hi I was wondering if the driver I have listed on my PC for a Brother HL-L5200DW printer is the most up to date, mine lists it as 2006? My system info lists it as: Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{9A8D3A7F-3DCB-4D83-AA57-9C0C21161130} was configured. Driver Name: printqueue.inf...
  10. my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...

my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...: How can I prevent Microsoft updates wrecking my computer every time they occur? My printer drivers have to be deleted and reinstalled just about every month this year so why can't Microsoft just do 1 update a year and only security updates? This month my new HP computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to get brother printer to scan to desk top