Windows 10: Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot

Discus and support Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have successfully created a hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop and started it. Other devices see it too. However, the devices get stuck with a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Philippede ANDRIA, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot

I have successfully created a hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop and started it. Other devices see it too. However, the devices get stuck with a message "Failing to obtain IP address" upon registration to my Windows 10 wifi hotspot. I have tried to connect 4 different devices and they all get the same message. Are you able to advise on how to proceed?

The advanced settings on the devices I am trying to connect to my windows 10 hotspot allow to define a static IP address for the connection but a) I don't know what IP address should be used and b) don't know if this is the issue.

Please kindly advise.

:)

Philippede ANDRIA, Aug 2, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot

Unable to connect to the Windows 10 hotspot

To assist your further, kindly answer these following questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done?
    • Have you checked you're internet connection?
    • Have you checked the settings of the devices that you're trying to connect with the mobile hotspot?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot

1. Unable to get devices to connect to my Windows 10 hotspot - Similar Threads - Unable devices connect

2. Get Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot connected device name in CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot connected device name in CMD: I am developing an app that displays the device names of mobile devices connected to my Windows mobile hotspot in Windows 11. My mobile hotspot work without any issue, but when I try to use CMD 'netsh wlan show hostednetwork,', it not work and did not show any device name....
  3. Get Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot connected device name in CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot connected device name in CMD: I am developing an app that displays the device names of mobile devices connected to my Windows mobile hotspot in Windows 11. My mobile hotspot work without any issue, but when I try to use CMD 'netsh wlan show hostednetwork,', it not work and did not show any device name....
  4. unable to connect to windows 10 mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to windows 10 mobile hotspot.: Hey, whenever I turn mobile hotspot on, and try to connect a mobile device to it, it says "unable to find ip address. I've tried on 4 different devices, restarted computer and devices and still not working. Ran network troubleshooting aswell, didn't find anything. Reset...
  5. Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: My mobile hotspot is not working in windows 10. My internet is fine , but when my phone wants to connect to the hotspot it wont work eventhough it says that it is connected to the hotspot....
  6. Unable to share my cellular connection as hotspot

Unable to share my cellular connection as hotspot: Hi, Im unable to share my cellularWhich is in public con[ATTACH]nection as hotspot? please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-share-my-cellular-connection-as-hotspot/f94eb9f3-c6f8-47bc-b6cc-b8235077cd49
  7. unable to connect hotspot to my phone

unable to connect hotspot to my phone: hi sir, actually there was a problem with my hotspot in windows 10.....I was unable to connect it to my phone . I asked this question yesterday and I have received the answers for that …… one of the sirs told to reset the network connections and I did that. THANK YOU SO MUCH...
  8. Devices cannot connect to my Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10

Devices cannot connect to my Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10: Previously when I switched on the Mobile Hotspot feature, devices like my phone could connect to it and access the internet through the hotspot. however, after unknowingly fiddling with some settings which I could not remember, now devices cannot connect to the Hotspot. Can...
  9. Unable to connect to my Windows 10 Hotspot from my mobile device.

Unable to connect to my Windows 10 Hotspot from my mobile device.: Hi, never got any issues using this feature before on my personal notebook. Now that I've got a new notebook I can't seem to make it work properly. It all seems fine because the hotspot has internet access according to the connection centre..... [ATTACH] BUT when I...
  10. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MOBILE HOTSPOT

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MOBILE HOTSPOT: Hi everyone. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then I have been having issues of not able to connect my laptop to the mobile hotspot I share from my phone. Meanwhile Windows 7 computers around connect with ease. Many online research I have done could not end...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what could be the problem if a laptop cannot hotspot other devices

2. unable to get my Logitc V220 to operate on my laptop

3. unable to connect to my windows 10 hotspot

4. Unable to Connect ot my Windows Mobile Hotspot