Windows 10: Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

Discus and support Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using an Alienware 17 with Windows 10 installed on the SSD and an HDD installed for storage. I was having problems with a key, so I set it to safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by macuser1298, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

I'm using an Alienware 17 with Windows 10 installed on the SSD and an HDD installed for storage. I was having problems with a key, so I set it to safe mode using msconfig. It booted when I restarted, but when I tried to log back in, it asks for a password instead of a PIN and when I try to use my Microsoft password, it doesn't work. I assume that it needs to verify the password with the Microsoft servers, so I held down Shift and was able to get to the boot options menu. I selected safe mode with networking but nothing seems to be different. I am able to boot to a recovery drive, as well as Ubuntu, but neither of them even recognize the Windows SSD, even though it is still able to boot, just not log in. Is there any way to re-enable access the drive, or is there something else I can do to log in? I have also tried to get an Admin account but you need access to System32 from the C: drive as far as I know.

:)

macuser1298, Dec 23, 2016

2. Unable to get out of Safe mode with Networking even after changing the boot settings

Hi,

I am unable to restart or shutdown the Laptop after entering into safe mode with networking.

If I force shutdown the Laptop it will again start in Safe mode with Networking.

I tried exiting the Safe mode using msconfig in Run and changed the boot settings to normal the Same issue persists.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Here are some details which may be useful

Laptop make : ASUS

model: A555L

Operating System: Windows 10 home (Original as received from ASUS with Laptop)

Processor: Intel i3 (4th Gen)

RAM: 8GB

HDD: 1TB

Thank you,

NaveenKrishna M, Dec 23, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable to get out of Safe mode with Networking even after changing the boot settings

Start your PC, then just after the Manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button down for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Do this Twice

On the third boot attempt, Windows will boot into the Windows 10 Repair Environment, from there you can access Startup Recovery, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt

Copy in this Command and hit enter

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

Reboot

DaveM121, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

Welcome to the TenForums

You didn't say this so I will ask. When you booted into safe mode with networking, through boot options, did you re-enter msconfig and remove the safe boot check mark you installed?

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  5. When I try to boot into safe mode with networking, I am never actually able to connect to the network and login, so I'm not sure if there's any way to get into msconfig. Perhaps it isn't actually going into safe mode with networking after all?

macuser1298, Dec 24, 2016
  6. I managed to load advanced troubleshooting and attempted to get the command prompt so I could disable safe mode, as seen here How To Force Windows To Restart in Safe Mode [15 Min] (how to stop a safe mode loop) but it just asks me what language I want to use and then goes back to the login screen.

7. Okay. Its likely you removed safe boot but just to be sure. Boot through trouble shooting, advance options, enter startup settings, safe mode, with or without networking.

It presents you with a login, can you login and get into Windows with your password?

If yes, right click on the Windows Start icon, lower left, click on Command Prompt as administrator. At the prompt type msconfig. It should open. Ensure check mark is removed.

Exit safe mode.

If there was a check mark see if it now boots normally and more importantly you can log in. If there was no check mark then this is what I think we should do next. Others may have a different answer.

Assuming those bcdedit commands didn't change your boot significantly we could try restoring from a restore point from a week ago.

Hold the shift key down, click on restart, then click on trouble shooting, then advance options, upper left icon is system restore.

I will say I don't exactly know which commands you entered with bcdedit however I'm hoping they did not change things such that restore won't work. Hoping the elves are with us.

Caledon Ken, Dec 24, 2016
  8. Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

I actually never ran bcdedit because it isn't even going to the command prompt . no luck with the password, even though I tried to use safe mode with networking.

9. TrustMe Win User
    Try booting from Windows 10 install media or Rescue disk. Then try System Restore. Option one

System Restore Windows 10

By default Windows 10 has System Restore turned off. Hopefully you turned it on.

TrustMe, Dec 24, 2016
  10. I don't know if system restore is on. I tried a system reset and a reinstall but it doesn't seem to even recognize the main drive ( it definitely doesn't show up on my recovery disk or Ubuntu) even though it obviously is booting from it.

11. Please follow my directions into safe mode and see if msconfig still has check mark.

If that doesn't work follow my instructions to get to system restore and you will see if restore points are available. TrustMe has an alternate to invoke.

Thanks

12. Command prompt never came up (it just asked me what language I wanted and then went back to login) so I'm not sure how to get to msconfig. I potentially make a Windows recovery drive again but last time I tried I don't think I could get msconfig either.

13. Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

Wow.

Okay can you follow the steps to do a system restore. If not can you describe step by step what is happening.

14. With Windows 10 on one drive and data storage on another also consider if, at this point, a clean reinstall might be the simplest and best guarantee of getting back to a working OS

ComputerGeek, Dec 24, 2016
  15. I got command prompt from advanced boot options, but msconfig won't launch from there. It still won't get me into safe mode with command prompt.

macuser1298, Dec 26, 2016
Thema:

Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking.

1. Unable to get out of safe mode and no networking. - Similar Threads - Unable safe mode

2. In safe mode and can’t get out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In safe mode and can’t get out!: HelloAfter my PC carried out updates, I had a problem with it so entered safe mode. Now I’m stuck in it. If I hold shift and restart, every option I am given requires password which I have forgotten as I have always used a PIN. I am in safe mode without networking. Can anyone...
  3. Can’t get out of safe mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t get out of safe mode.: How do I get out of safe mode on pc windows. No download link found in Microsoft store. For the switch out of safe mode download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/062845a7-2fea-49ca-92d1-bc6e79fa5e87
  4. Cant get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant get out of safe mode: I tried to boot my lappy in safe mode, it asked for password, i gave correct password but it still says wrong, i changed my password went into safe mode with networking but still cant connect to internet someone please help me....
  5. Can't get out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get out of Safe Mode: I can't get out of the Safe Mode because I don’t remember the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/22da0342-1610-4ab9-800c-fe4af0d90eb4
  6. Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode

Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode: Every time I would try to reset my PC it would send me to safe mode so I went to Troubleshooting and then Command Prompt. I did not have an admin account on this PC so now I am stuck on a page that says, "You need to sign in as an administator to continue, but there are't any...
  7. Error after getting out of safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error after getting out of safe mode.: I don't know what to do: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-after-getting-out-of-safe-mode/4361de01-3901-45e9-8f2d-1ef8f63d1f9e
  8. Can't get out of safe mode.

Can't get out of safe mode.: My mouse cursor was stuttering across the screen and I couldn't fix it, I had to do a full clean reboot of my computer. When I tried to log in, it came up with "Other User". I went into safe mode to add a profile and then I accidentally went into the advanced options and...
  9. Cannot get out of Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get out of Safe Mode: I was having difficulty with flashing and went into safe mode to try to figure out which program was causing it but now whenever I reboot I am still in Safe Mode. 18939
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...