Windows 10: Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error.

Discus and support Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, since about a week ago, I started having this problem upon boot, "Hard Disk read error, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to restart. [img] I firstly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZeroTwo, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ZeroTwo Win User

Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error.

Hi, since about a week ago, I started having this problem upon boot,
    "Hard Disk read error, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to restart.

Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error. [​IMG]

I firstly checked my SSD which I use for installing windows. It has a perfect 100% Health as shown by HDSentinel. I changed the ports to which it was connected, also tried changing the cables. But the problem won't go away. Could it be that one of my three Hard disks is giving this error instead? They too have 100% Health but they are a bit slow compared to their original performance.

I have contacted my SSD seller and has agreed for replacement since it still is under warranty. But I still have doubts that my SSD is the problem because its fairly new and has perfect health.

Please take a look at my HDD's as well, I don't know why my Disk 2 is marked as System/Primary partition while Disk 0 is the drive where Windows is installed. If there's anything wrong here, I would like to know how to fix it as well w/o losing data if possible. Thank you very much.

Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error. [​IMG]

:)

ZeroTwo, Feb 12, 2018

2. "boot device not found" and "access media {FAIL}" on black screen

The problem is, I am not able to even get passed the error message. I am unable to download anything on my laptop. The error is "boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk, hard disk (3F0), F2 system diagnostics. When I
    run the hard disk diag, they both pass. There is no other screen I can access other than this.

JamiePenny, Feb 12, 2018
  3. user_zero Win User
    Creating Recovery Drive Hangs and Fails at "copying system"

Just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7.

I'm trying to create a recovery disk.

Initially, the process would fail outright with the error: "Can't create the disk"

after doing some reading, I reset the PC and re-ran the process.

Now the process prompts for a USB stick that is at least 8gb.

I've run the process several times with several different USB drives, but the recovery disk creation always fails at the "Copying system" part of "creating the recovery drive". Sometimes I get an error that the USB drive is bad, sometimes I just get the
    generic error "cant create the disk"

I need to make the disk so that I can swap out my hdd with an ssd - that was my initial goal, but I don't have an OEM recovery disk for windows 7.

Any help in getting this thing to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

user_zero, Feb 12, 2018
  4. essenbe Win User

Your OS partition and system drive are on different hard drives. Drive 0 is your OS or C partition, Disk 2 is listed as your 'System' disk. Do you have 2 OS on that computer?

essenbe, Feb 12, 2018
  5. ZeroTwo Win User
    That confused me as well and I don't know why as I mentioned. Disk 2 has no OS in it.

ZeroTwo, Feb 12, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    The whole thing is strange we can't see it all the screen needs to be bigger but c is a logical partition not a primary so you can't boot it. You have others as logical as well why is it set that way?

Samuria, Feb 12, 2018
  7. ZeroTwo Win User
    I have never used that drive (Disk 2) to install OS as far as I can remember (that HDD is pretty old btw). I have no idea why it was set as Primary drive although it contains no OS, I previously used Disk 1 for installing OS but I got a new SSD where it is now currently installed. That's pretty much all I can tell.

Maybe the flag for "Hey! The OS is here" is contained by Disk 1 but all the actual windows files are located in Drive 0 (a.k.a Drive C). I don't know what I'm saying XD

ZeroTwo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to get to Windows sometimes, Hard Disk Read Error. - Similar Threads - Unable sometimes Hard

2. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  3. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  4. Disk reading error

Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  5. Server detects hard disks as read-only

Server detects hard disks as read-only: I am finished with my nerves... I want to connect a hard drive to my server normally. but for some reason it doesn't work. Procedure: - NEW hard disk is connected not via Sata but via USB Type C directly on the mainboard- About the disk management I check if it was read...
  6. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  7. disk read error occurred

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    disk read error occurred: Hello! I have a problem with my laptop ASUS, it have blue screen and this problem "disk read error occurred" How can I solve it? It will be very great, if you give me detailed description what to do. Thanks in advance!...
  8. Disk read errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk read errors: Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer. It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred...
  9. Unable to read external Hard Drive

Unable to read external Hard Drive: I have Windows 10. I am trying to retrieve data from a Western Digital hard drive which has worked on this system in the past. I now find that the system is unable to recognise the drive and I get a message "incorrect parameter" Some help would be apreciated. Regards...
  10. Unable to intialize Hard Disk

Unable to intialize Hard Disk: My Hard disk went bad recently.. so I just went to the RMA center to have it replaced as it is still under warranty. I take the new hard disk back home to my computer and now when I try to initialize it... I get all sorts of stupid errors. I/O error, CRC error , missing...