Windows 10: Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC

Discus and support Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the Device Manager I went to Mice and other pointing devices > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management > Allow this device to wake the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pps, Feb 13, 2016.

1. PPS
    pps Win User

Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC

In the Device Manager I went to Mice and other pointing devices > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management > Allow this device to wake the computer, and unchecked it. But still the mouse wakes up the laptop from sleep. Why?

:)

2. Windows 10 updates shut down pc, not restart.

Every time W10 updates (you know, at 4am), it shuts down my pc entirely, and doesn't return it to the mode I left it in.

Hibernate is off / set to never, so the PC should enter hybrid sleep. I don't have a password set for waking from hybrid sleep, and neither my mouse nor keyboard work to wake up the PC, I have to full on power button, and enter my password, so I know it's
    going to full shut down and not hybrid sleep.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Also, my mouse won't wake up my pc from hybrid sleep, only keyboard, and I can't find a setting to change it either in the mouse settings or windows settings (it's USB like the keyboard, so should wake on USB, but doesn't).

Help please? !! Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC :)

BreeDulmage, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 13, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Unable to hinder the USB mouse from waking up the PC - Similar Threads - Unable hinder USB

2. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  3. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  4. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  5. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  6. Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.: Hi, I've a brand new Windows 10 laptop Dell I'm looking for a way to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. I'm read some articles on the same, which are suggesting to navigate to device manager and then use the Power Management tab to disable this...
  7. Wake from USB keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from USB keyboard/mouse: Hello, I am trying to make it so my windows 10 laptop will wake via my USB connected keyboard/mouse. From everything I read the main routes are to either go to device manager and right clicked on Keyboard, then properties, and then the power management tab, but none of my...
  8. Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep: I Have a USB mouse plugged into a USB 2 port on my PC's back panel. For years I've I've awakened the PC from sleep using a mouse click. Several days ago I replaced a USB 2 hub (plugged into another USB 2 port on the back panel) with a USB 3 hub plugged into a USB 3 port on...
  9. Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard: Help me to set up waking the pc with a mouse or keyboard. Normally when my laptop goes to sleep, I have to press the power button to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-the-pc-with-mouse-or-keyboard/951b0a7c-36ee-4242-8eff-9a9d3fe59be0
  10. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...