Windows 10: Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

Discus and support Unable to import favorites in to Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ancient, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

Hey Guys

I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states:
    Couldn't import favourites

Not very informative?

Any help appreciated

:)

ancient, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Ziggy32 Win User

Unable to import Internet Explorer Favorites to Edge

I found the answer! It was Google Chrome! For the first time since Internet Explorer 6 I have blown Microsoft away and went with Google Chrome. It is soooooo nice. Web pages don't freeze, they are displayed properly, bookmarks import, it is fast and friendly.

I should have done this years ago! Microsoft you need to just quit on the browsers. You aren't very good at it..... long live Chrome!

Ziggy32, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Ziggy32 Win User
    Unable to import Internet Explorer Favorites to Edge

*Original Title: MIcrosoft Edge is a worst piece of junk then Internet Explorer

As it turned out Internet Explorer wasn't compatible with much. It turned out to be one of the worst browsers in history until Edge came along. Am I frustrated? Yes...

Edge, for some reason, won't import my IE 11 favorites. Try Googling where Edge keeps its favorites and there doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Microsoft you need to get out of the browser wars. You aren't at all good at it.

So where are the Edge favorites stored so I can copy my IE favorites to that location or is that even possible?

Ziggy32, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

Not working here either.

CountryBumkin, Aug 2, 2015
  5. nohelpno1 Win User
    Same problem here. Win 10 Pro x64. It's strange though because before I rolled back to Win 8.1 Pro (due to problem's of not being able to open my e-mail in IE11 or Edge) I imported my favorites with no problem at all. Now that I switched back to Win 10, Edge refuses to import favorite's. Hope they get it fixed soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

nohelpno1, Sep 25, 2015
  6. DustSailor, Sep 25, 2015
  7. nohelpno1 Win User
    Thanks' for trying to help Dusty *Smile.

Unfortunately no luck for me *Sad.

Will keep searching though!

take care,
    Tim

nohelpno1, Sep 25, 2015
  8. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

DustSailor, Sep 25, 2015
  9. Hi when I did mine from IE11 i click on them which opened up the forum or site then all i did was save them to the edge browser that way in favourites or favourites bar put them in the bar and they appear along the top of the home page of edge

Unable to import favorites in to Edge? [​IMG]

Unable to import favorites in to Edge? [​IMG]

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2015
  10. nohelpno1 Win User
    I found a way to get my favorites into Edge, however it required some registry editing, which can be harmful to your system.
    This is the link where I found the info.
    If you use this, I can take no responsibility if it does not work. Also backup your registry before hand to be safe.

Microsoft Edge can’t import Favorites if your Favorites folder has been redirected"[/URL]

I want to thank you Dusty for all the help!!!!

take care
    Tim

nohelpno1, Sep 26, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you moved the default location of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Favorites" folder, then that will also cause them not to import into Edge. You'll need to restore the default location of Favorites before you will be able to import them into Edge.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

If the above is not the case, then the Favorites may be corrupted in Edge. Using OPTION FOUR below to clear all Favorites in Edge will reset it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option4

Afterwards, you can import your Favorites from IE to Edge again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

1. Unable to import favorites in to Edge? - Similar Threads - Unable import favorites

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  4. Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.: Hi. I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME. Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks. Here are the steps I performed. 1. Went to Google Chrome bookmarkmanager, exported a HTML file of my new bookmarks. 2. Launched Internet...
  5. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites: Hi Everyone, Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites" 7540
  6. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  7. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  8. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  9. Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times: It seems like something may be going on with my profile. After I take my laptop home for the night and off the domain, the next day after I bring it back in, it wants me to import my favorites again. Its happened multiple times now. Its not creating a temporary profile or...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt import favorites edge

2. unable to import favorites into edge

3. edge wont import favorites

4. unable to import favourite,
  5. couldnt import favorites,
  6. unable to import favourites on edge,
  7. unable to import edge favorites,
  8. unable to import favorites,
  9. edge unable to import favoruites