Windows 10: Unable to install after many tries.

Discus and support Unable to install after many tries. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have attempted to install window 10 a number of times without success, while I did errors initially I was able to solve those issues. My last attempt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by obeone, Jul 4, 2016.

1. obeone Win User

Unable to install after many tries.

I have attempted to install window 10 a number of times without success, while I did errors initially I was able to solve those issues. My last attempt lasted 24 hours with no results. I am hoping that I can get some help in order to have a successful installation before July 29th. I am aware that my PC does not have a strong processor which certainly contributes to a slow install but 24 hours is beyond my understanding.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Edward Fitzgerald

:)

obeone, Jul 4, 2016

2. Unable to install Windows 10 after 3 tries-Error Code C1900101-30018

I'd go to the
    Windows 10 "create media" page
    and create a USB or CD disc to install from and try that. You can still do it as an upgrade and keep all your installed stuff, it just won't involve the download.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 4, 2016
  3. Unable to install Windows 10 after 3 tries-Error Code C1900101-30018

Even after following the instructions to unplug all external drives, etc., I have attempted 3 times to install Windows 10 on my desktop computer (which is attached to a scanner, printer, and 2 external hard drives) and continue to get an error message: C1900101-30018.

I wanted to do this with the online download so as to not have to go through the hassle of reinstalling all of my programs again.

Any suggestions?

Terry

TerryMadsen, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Davy49 Win User

Hi obeone,
    Can you PLEASE provide your computer specification's so either myself or other member's can help you.
    David

Davy49, Jul 4, 2016
  5. TrustMe Win User
    Have you tried downloading the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft, extracting the ISO to a folder, then run the Setup.exe that's in the folder? That way has less problems than going through Windows Update.

Windows 10 ISO

If all else fails, you can upgrade to Windows 10 with a clean install. The first thing you need to do is make backup of your entire hard drive. I use Macrium Reflex Free. Don't forget to make the Restore disk or USB. You will need that to restore the OS if something goes wrong. Then follow this guide carefully.

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install after many tries. - Similar Threads - Unable install many

2. Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.: The 'Microsoft Store' app is not opening whatsoever. I need a solution for this urgently and provide a solution; I've tried many such as updating and clearing the cache, etc. But none of them worked. So please try and help me ASAP. I have a Lenovo laptop, Windows 11, 64-bit,...
  3. Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not opening even after trying many solutions.: The 'Microsoft Store' app is not opening whatsoever. I need a solution for this urgently and provide a solution; I've tried many such as updating and clearing the cache, etc. But none of them worked. So please try and help me ASAP. I have a Lenovo laptop, Windows 11, 64-bit,...
  4. unable to update or install apps via Microsoft Store, please help, i have tried many tips...

unable to update or install apps via Microsoft Store, please help, i have tried many tips...: unable to update or install apps via Microsoft Store, please help, i have tried many tips and process as suggested by youtubers, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-or-install-apps-via-microsoft/2648550a-d170-4497-a5c2-f7205388e8a2
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD present after many tries of fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD present after many tries of fixing: Lots of tries of fixing and bsods sometimes even booting me into my bios instead of windows Ive used driver verifier and got only 1 bsod that dumped after a series of 6 bsods.https://www.mediafire.com/file/vgtcn6h82c11mb8/020722-7500-01.dmp/file...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD present after many tries of fixing

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD present after many tries of fixing: Lots of tries of fixing and bsods sometimes even booting me into my bios instead of windows Ive used driver verifier and got only 1 bsod that dumped after a series of 6 bsods.https://www.mediafire.com/file/vgtcn6h82c11mb8/020722-7500-01.dmp/file...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD present after many tries of fixing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things: Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty. I did the Disk Cleanup remove previous windows installation thing yet the empty Windows.old folder wont let me delete it. I changed folder ownership, tired one of those sketchy file "unlocker" programs, and duel booted linux to...
  9. Unable to open many programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  10. Many Windows functions not working, unable to install

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Windows functions not working, unable to install: My Windows 10 is having major problems. So many that I would rather just remove the entire thing. I found a website that said you can revert to your previous OS in settings, but my problem is I cannot even get there. The entire task bar and start menu are not working,...