Windows 10: Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs

Discus and support Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running an MSI 280 Gaming 3G in my desktop. I never had trouble installing drivers until I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. I am now unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by frewster, Aug 30, 2015.

1. frewster Win User

Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs

Hi,

I'm running an MSI 280 Gaming 3G in my desktop. I never had trouble installing drivers until I upgraded to 10 from 8.1.

I am now unable to install Catalyst Control Center. It gets stuck, as shown in the attached picture, during the install. When I attempt to cancel the install a box pops up that says "Please wait while the current process is finishing up." but this never goes away and the installer never closes. I am forced to kill it with task manager. I have tried installing in safe mode and using DDU to uninstall the old drivers.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks.

:)

frewster, Aug 30, 2015

2. Opening/Installing AMD Catalyst Control Center for Windows 10

After installing Windows 10 I've been having issues opening the Catalyst Control Center. I am also unable to install it from AMD's site. Suggestions?

AceofRed92, Aug 30, 2015
  3. TriBui Win User
    Driver for TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C

Hi,

There are

AMD Catalyst Control Center

AMD Install Manager

no AMD SATA Controller in "Uninstall or change a program"

TriBui, Aug 30, 2015
  4. PLCMAN58 Win User

Did you uninstall the older drivers first before installing the Win10 version? I had to uninstall my HD4870 drivers before I could be the HD6450 drivers to work correctly. I used a AMD drivers uninstaller that was recommended on the AMD Support forum.

PLCMAN58, Aug 31, 2015
  5. frewster Win User
    I did not, but I have used DDU to uninstall them in safe mode multiple times. Still doesn't work.

frewster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs - Similar Threads - Unable install AMD

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update 2004 removed AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 2004 removed AMD Catalyst Control Center: I just had an update today I believe it said it was the Windows 10 update 2004 and after it did several reboots everything seem to load up fine. I did one reboot after like I usually do after I do an update and now it seems to have removed AMD Catalyst Control Center that...
  6. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  7. Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.: I had done a clean install of Windows 10 and was just finishing the tweaking. I like Windows 10. Yesterday, I had uninstalled AMD CCC and it's driver, downloaded the latest CCC software package, and just installed the drivers. I did not want CCC. All was well yesterday....
  8. Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200: Just as the title says, I'm able to install the drivers but not CCC which I kinda need. I use overscaling for my tv that it's plugged into via hdmi.I've tried using DDU for fresh install with the 2 most recent drivers for it in compatibility mode for Windows 7&8 and with...
  9. Question about amd catalyst control center

Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954
  10. Catalyst Control Center gone

Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. catalyst install manager stuck

2. catalyst installer hangs windows 10

3. amd catalyst install manager stuck

4. amd catalyst control unable to start correctly