Windows 10: Unable to install anything due to possible admin perms problem

Discus and support Unable to install anything due to possible admin perms problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason for the past few weeks I've been unable to install any software. The usual administrator window comes up asking me if I want to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mazate, Nov 4, 2017.

1. mazate Win User

Unable to install anything due to possible admin perms problem

For some reason for the past few weeks I've been unable to install any software. The usual administrator window comes up asking me if I want to allow the applications to make changes to my computer. It then says, "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." Then it just has a "No" button at the bottom. There isn't a place to type in a username and password. If anyone has any idea as to why I would most appreciate a hand.

:)

mazate, Nov 4, 2017

2. Unable to install the updates due to unknown admin account on Windows 10 computer

I cant access the admin command prompt because im not a admin. i lost all my admin rights when this random account appeared.

Lewisfenlon, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Unable to install the updates due to unknown admin account on Windows 10 computer

Hi,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Are you using Microsoft account/ local account with admin rights?
    • Were you able to local the non-admin account on your computer?

If you are able to log-in to the computer, I suggest you to try the below to check the number of user accounts on your computer.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

Check if you have enabled the Built-in admin account on your computer. If so, try to disable and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 4, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Wow, I`ve never seen that, are you using an Admin account ?

What happens if you right click on the program installer and choose Run as Administrator ?

AddRAM, Nov 4, 2017
  5. mazate Win User
    Actually, I just noticed that I don't have an admin account. It appears that my one & only account is listed as a guest user for some reason.

mazate, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I have, on all too many threads. If UAC only offers a 'No' button it means that there are no admin accounts on this PC. The usual reason for this is that the users have demoted their account a standard user thinking this would be 'safer' for browsing the web. Windows lets you remove admin rights from the only admin account without warning you this is not a good thing to do.

Bree, Nov 4, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Well, there ya go, you'll have to enable the hidden admin account to create yourself an Admin account.

AddRAM, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

You can enable the built in administrator account, Option Five would be the only one available to you.
    Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Bree, Nov 4, 2017
  9. mazate Win User
    I never did that so my eight year old son is the likely culprit. In any case, I do have a usb recovery drive for windows 10... I'm looking online for steps to get this resolved. Apparently I'm not the only one this has happened to. *Smile

mazate, Nov 4, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    If you have a recovery drive you can use it for Option five in the tutorial Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 then sign in as Administrator and make your account an admin again.

(no need to look any further than TenForums *Smile)

11. mazate Win User
    Well.... I did it but I regret it now. I followed the steps and it did indeed setup the system admin account... but it also wiped my old user account so when it booted up it did so with just the system admin account and put my computer as though windows was just installed... all old software is there (as though it was just installed without configuration) but my pictures, videos, documents... all gone.

mazate, Nov 4, 2017
  12. mazate Win User
    Ok, all may not be lost. When I go to add a new user, it opens "local users and groups manager" and I see my name there. I'm not sure how to add it though since simply double clicking the user doesn't appear to add it... I'm kind of stuck here.

mazate, Nov 4, 2017
  13. spunk Win User

First , go to Control Panel/ User Accounts and create a new user that is an Admin. Log out of the previously Hidden Administrator account and login as the new User. Browse to C:\Users\[OldUserName here copy all of the user files and paste them into the New User profile overwriting the blank User files. (ie) Documents, Music, Pictures etc https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...#1TC=windows-7
    Be sure to Hide the Built in Administrator account again.

spunk, Nov 4, 2017
  14. mazate Win User
    Unfortunately adding another user isn't that simple. Every time I press the option to add another user, this window comes up. My old profile is there and I would love to re-add it but I don't see a way to add a new user, whether its a brand new one or the old one that I had before.

Unable to install anything due to possible admin perms problem [​IMG]

mazate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install anything due to possible admin perms problem - Similar Threads - Unable install anything

2. Randomly lost access to my C:/ and admin perms?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly lost access to my C:/ and admin perms?: Hello I had this random issue pop up where I do not have access to my C:/ and I don't even have access to admin rights on my admin account, it just happened out of nowhere. https://prnt.sc/CZ-tqxvFFXVUResetting pc doesn't work cause I don't have access to C:/ but I still have...
  3. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms: I recently forgot my windows 10 password, And i tried to reset it with the system image recovery method. But it kept asking me the password. How can i reset my password without losing my data?...
  4. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms: I recently forgot my windows 10 password, And i tried to reset it with the system image recovery method. But it kept asking me the password. How can i reset my password without losing my data?...
  5. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Impossible problem with windows 10 admin perms need help please

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Impossible problem with windows 10 admin perms need help please: hello in the last 3 days my computer has been experiencing a very weird thing where ive seem to of lost admin perms even though ive downloaded nothing or done anything unusual in those days If i try to click or run anything that requires admin permissions that window...
  7. My computer is acting eerie wtih admin perms and install packages + possible registry files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is acting eerie wtih admin perms and install packages + possible registry files...: Hello, I've had this odd problem with my computer, where I cannot enter any application in admin mode, the file loads for a while and then I get an error "access denied" even though I am on my admin account, which should have admin permissions. This makes me unable to run...
  8. My computer is acting eerie wtih admin perms and install packages + possible registry files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer is acting eerie wtih admin perms and install packages + possible registry files...: Hello, I've had this odd problem with my computer, where I cannot enter any application in admin mode, the file loads for a while and then I get an error "access denied" even though I am on my admin account, which should have admin permissions. This makes me unable to run...
  9. Unable to install Drivers for new Windows installation due to admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Drivers for new Windows installation due to admin rights: I just installed Windows. It shows that I am the Administrator. I am able to install Firefox. But I downloaded my driver file from samsung. I had to unzip it and when I try to run the exe, whether I just double click or 'run as admin' I get the This App has been blocked...
  10. Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.: Windows updated and my MSI gaming laptop went from about 5 seconds boot to about 60 seconds. I figured I screwed something up in the update and anything I found online suggested that I do a repair.... so I ran a repair - the option that kept my data on a my laptop. Now, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unable to install due to administrator