Windows 10: Unable to install apps to second drive

Discus and support Unable to install apps to second drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 drives in my Windows 10 machine. Windows sits on an SSD, and I've got a much larger rotational drive. Generally speaking, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HellsChicken, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Unable to install apps to second drive

Hello,

I have 2 drives in my Windows 10 machine. Windows sits on an SSD, and I've got a much larger rotational drive. Generally speaking, Windows recognizes the rotational drive just fine, and I've moved some default folders over to it. It does let me change the drive for photos and music, for example.

But I can't get it to install apps to it. It's just disabled. Same goes for the option to move apps - that's disabled, while uninstall is available:

Unable to install apps to second drive [​IMG]

Anybody know how I can get Windows to let me install apps to my D: by default?

Thanks!

:)

HellsChicken, Aug 1, 2015

2. Unable to install new apps to bigger drive Unable to install apps to second drive :(

Its a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a usb 3.1 external hard drive witch is also Toshiba is there no way around this little problem ?

ARMAGEDDON128, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Unable to install new apps to bigger drive Unable to install apps to second drive :(

AFAIK you can't install any programs or apps to an external drive unless it's eSATA.

Is this a tablet, and does it have a micro SDHC card slot? If so then you can move data to it (but not OneDrive for some extraordinary reason) to free up disk space.

Gordon B-P, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Unable to install apps to second drive

1. Unable to install apps to second drive - Similar Threads - Unable install apps

2. Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:: Hello, I am cross posting this because I am about to rip my hair out of my bald head from this problem. I feel as if the next step is to just do a full fresh re-install of Windows at this point because I am out of options. THE PROBLEM: - When I attempt to install a new game...
  3. Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Windows App Refusing to Install on Second Drive E:: Hello, I am cross posting this because I am about to rip my hair out of my bald head from this problem. I feel as if the next step is to just do a full fresh re-install of Windows at this point because I am out of options. THE PROBLEM: - When I attempt to install a new game...
  4. Installing window on a second drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing window on a second drive: Hello people , first i want to thank you guys for reading this and helping me :D My question is i have this deskstop , i had issues with my 1To Sata SSD and 2To HDD , so i had to install window on my 2To HDD since my SSD died , and i just bought an M.2 SSD a samsung 980 pro...
  5. Installing window on a second drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing window on a second drive: Hello people , first i want to thank you guys for reading this and helping me :D My question is i have this deskstop , i had issues with my 1To Sata SSD and 2To HDD , so i had to install window on my 2To HDD since my SSD died , and i just bought an M.2 SSD a samsung 980 pro...
  6. Installing window on a second drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't install Windows Apps or Game-pass Apps on second Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install Windows Apps or Game-pass Apps on second Drive: So i downloaded the XBox app because i wanted to try Out Game-pass. I have a second Hard-drive in my PC where i download all my Games. I now can't install any Games from the XBox app or the Windows Store on that Drive. I also can't move any Games to that Drive. Now i am...
  8. unable to install apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to install apps: I can not install apps from the Microsoft Store. I get the following error message: “Something unexpected happened”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-apps/9fd815b4-4678-4a73-847c-196ff490258f
  9. Install programms on the second drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install programms on the second drive.: Hi, I have a pc with two drives, one SSD (in which the OS is installed) and one HDD. I want to install some programs, that I don't use so often, on the second drive to save some space from the SSD. How is this possible? Thanks....
  10. Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive: So I have a second 1tb WD Black hard drive where I store all my games and files but I can no longer move anything into the hard-drive even tho windows says I have 500gb of free space. I reformatted but I still have these problems. Should I RMA it? Or should I convert it from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install windows app on secondary drive