Windows 10: Unable to install drivers, updates

Discus and support Unable to install drivers, updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to install drivers either manually or through Windows Update. I am able to pull up Windows Updates window but if I try to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LetsGoOakland, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Unable to install drivers, updates

I am unable to install drivers either manually or through Windows Update. I am able to pull up Windows Updates window but if I try to change the options or see update history, the window closes immediately.

It fails to install updates with error 0x8007007f. After some searching, I ran sfc /scannow and received a message that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them." Here's the CBS.log file.

It seems to show a lot of errors? I am currently running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it looks like it is hung up at 29.1% for a while. Stuck there for probably a couple hours.

:)

LetsGoOakland, Jan 15, 2017
  2. JudyVee Win User

Unable to install DVD drivers

My driver installation is corrupt, and I cannot re-install it. Do I have to delete Itunes and then it will properly install the driver?

Judy

original title: matshita dvd-ram uj8c2

JudyVee, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Unable to install DVD drivers

Hi Judy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are unable to install the DVD drivers on your computer. We’ll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that iTunes is not causing this issue. Try the following methods and check if it helps.

Refer the following article and try the suggestions provided to fix this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base: 322756
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

If the issue persist, perform a Clean boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer: how to perform a clean boot in Windows:

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Unable to install drivers, updates

Ran DISM in Safe Mode. It got as far as 91.9% then provide Error 1726.

The message reads "The remote procedure call failed." Here's the log.

LetsGoOakland, Jan 15, 2017
  5. If DISM is failing in Safe mode, I think next step is Windows Refresh. It will keep your data but remove apps, drivers... all described in the Guide

If can't do a Refresh, then a look at Windows Repair

ComputerGeek, Jan 15, 2017
  6. I did a Windows refresh this weekend after trouble started in earnest. Will refreshing do anything other than to bring me back to this point?

LetsGoOakland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install drivers, updates

1. Unable to install drivers, updates - Similar Threads - Unable install drivers

2. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  3. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10: Hi,I'm having problem with my Win10 HP Z4G4 PC unable to recognize & connect to AX88178 device. Already tried installing/updating the AX88178 driver using the ASIX drivers as shown in the ASIX_USBDrivers folder which mostly obtained from...
  4. Unable to update/install driver at AX88178 device at Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  6. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  7. Drivers are unable to be installed

Drivers are unable to be installed: I've asked for help on this problem before, but stopped receiving any replies or suggestions, the link to it is given below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-manager-lists-devices-as-driverless/bdf4e992-a188-455d-a9a0-9c97afc80c26Any device I...
  8. Program installers closing automatically, unable to update drivers,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program installers closing automatically, unable to update drivers,...: Hi,I bought a second hand computer and did a complete reinstall of windows with fresh product key. When I try to open csgo for example I get te blue screen with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error code. I tried updating my drivers but I can't install anything nvidia related,...
  9. Unable to install drivers

Unable to install drivers: Hi, I'm having an annoying problem with my pc, so call me dumb right here, but, I accidentally uninstalled my ethernet controller on my pc, it's a bit annoying but normally it wouldn't have been a problem. The problem is, when I try reinstalling the drivers, it, just......
  10. Unable to update driver

Unable to update driver: Hello I have a Dell XPS 7390 laptop with a Killer Networking Card that I have been having issues with since I bought the computer. Everytime windows 10 update went through the wifi stops working and shows a Code 10 error in device manager. Sometimes it would get fixed on its...