Windows 10: Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

Discus and support Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to rebuild my system recently. I used the flash drive I had purchased a few years back for Win10 Pro from a Microsoft store and was able to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LakotaPhoenix, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

I had to rebuild my system recently. I used the flash drive I had purchased a few years back for Win10 Pro from a Microsoft store and was able to get it reinstalled successfully. However, I can’t seem to get any of the Feature Updates to take.

I have tried letting Windows Updates install, but it has failed consistently over the last few days. I wouldn’t be so upset except that my PC is one I have built with an ASUS motherboard that has no onboard graphics, so I have NVidia cards that won’t allow the drivers to be installed. In trying to force the system to update, I have tried troubleshooting the Feature Update to Version 1803 with the Media Creation Tool and did the Upgrade This PC option to have to hang at 8% twice in the last few days. I have been trying to make an ISO flash drive with the update to see if it will take, but I am resonably concerned that this will fail too due to the NVidia GPU that has no drivers installed. It is not like I can remove the card and reinstall it after the update, as my PC is not on a domain (no RDP available) and I own no IP KVM to be able to display the BIOS so I can boot from USB and install the update.

What other options do I have at this point other than to build a new PC with onboard graphics?

:)

LakotaPhoenix, Jul 8, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install :)

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

1. Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install - Similar Threads - Unable Install Feature

2. Unable to install windows feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install windows feature update: Split from this thread.Not being able to instal windows feature update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-windows-feature-update/9692faa3-1090-4122-8c06-db8b90140d25
  3. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  4. clean installation Windows 10 pro

clean installation Windows 10 pro: I had made a stick from the MCT but read it was for other pcs -I plan on getting one so it is not a waste. However, in looking for the best way to do a clean install of my pc with Win 10 Pro I got confused. I do not not have the 25 characters. I have an upgrade. Should I do...
  5. clean install of 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1803: hi joydeep sir i have done clean install of 1803 by fully formatting my pc but i forgot to disconnect my lan cable i have done clean install of 1803 by fully format having lan connected to my pc so sir will there be any issue so far to my windows 1803 as lan cable was...
  6. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please....
  7. Installing Windows 10 feature 1803 failed

Installing Windows 10 feature 1803 failed: I have tried to install feature 1803 six times now with no success. One time standalone with USB. Install gets to second restart and wheel stops spinning and hangs. I have to power off and restart then install recovery fails. It then backs out to prior version successfully. I...
  8. Install Feature Update 1803

Install Feature Update 1803: HI. I looking for some help. Specifically, exactly how do I install Feature Update 1830 which came out a month or so ago, WITHOUT using WIndows Update? I can't use Windows Update because it is clogged up with the constant failure of update KB4074588. Also, Restart is cloged...
  9. Installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 issue...

Installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 issue...: Everytime i install the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. in my pc ,i face an error (0x800705b4) at 24% and it again starts to 1% How to resolve this issue?...
  10. Feature Update 1803 wants to install again??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update 1803 wants to install again??: [img] But: [img] AND I've restarted lots of times and KB4100403 appeared to install/update on restart just fine???? SO what should I do now? Thanks David 111072

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 failed installation cleanup

2. unable to update windows feature update 1803

3. unable to install windows 10 1803

4. clean windows 10 install unable to update