Windows 10: Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

Discus and support Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, I need help for my new build. from a fresh install of windows 10 i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD 530. each time i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by omarsrv, Jan 23, 2016.

1. omarsrv Win User

Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

Hello guys,

I need help for my new build.

from a fresh install of windows 10 i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD 530. each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys
    Or sometimes it's
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDELED igdkmd64.sys

i've tried drivers from motherboard manufacturer CD, website and intel and some autodetect driver software .
    i always get the same behavior:

the screen start blinking several time ( black screen) before showing the BSOD then reboot and repeat it self.
    even the driver downloaded by windows update have the same impact.
    i've managed to install it in safe mode but when i restart in normal mode i get the same behavior.
    i've tried 2 different monitors, VGA and HDMI , tried with UEFI on/off => same result.
    i've tweaked onece the tdr delay to 8 second, but didnt work.

i really need some help here, i'm desperate!

CPU: Intel I7-6700KMotherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
    RAM: HyperX FURY HX421C14FBK2/16 - 16Go Kit (2x 8Go) 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM
    SSD: Samsung EVO 850 MZ-75E250B/EU 250 GB
    with 80 PLUS 550W power supply.

:)

omarsrv, Jan 23, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Naruto UNS 4 error : DX 11 device creation fail : 0x80010010

If DELL does not have a Win10 specific driver, try the driver linked below.

They released an HD2000 Win10 driver in Jan '16 that I was not aware of.

[ EDIT: Oops! I just noticed the Win10 driver is for 32bit Windows only. ]

graphics-drivers/intel-hd-graphics-for-intel-pentium-processors

- If Win10 reinstalls another driver when you reboot after you install this one, you may want to block Win10 from

installing your graphics drivers automatically via Windows Updates.

The tool below will allow you to block select drivers from updating.

It says 'temporarily', but I setup blocking my Nvidia drivers seven months ago and it is still working.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

BossDweeb, Jan 23, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Windows 10 Issues NEED HELP!

Uninstall the current Intel HD4000 drivers again, and reboot (The generic Windows VGA drivers

will be used after rebooting ).

I still prefer uninstalling graphics drivers via Programs and Features (Uninstall or change a program)

where you should find Intel graphics drivers on the list, if they are properly installed.

If not, go back to Device Manager and uninstall any Intel HD graphics drivers found there. As you have seen

two listings for Intel HD4000 in Device Manager you may want to check there after uninstalling via P&F to verify

they are both uninstalled.

With Integrated graphics such as Intel HD Windows Updates should reinstall your Intel HD4000 drivers

on reboot. This will generally provide an adequate driver for integrated graphics.

If this does not happen automatically on rebooting running Windows Updates manually should do the trick.

- To get the best graphics driver install, do the install manually from a download

( Device Manager is not recommended by any graphics processor mfg for installing their drivers ).

Download your Win10 Intel HD4000 drivers from the mfg of your laptop, if they have one for Win10

as this driver will be the most suitable for your machine.

Alternatively you could download the most recent HD4000 Win10 driver from Intel.

Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

- When doing a manual graphics driver install you can prevent Windows from reinstalling the driver it thinks best

(Win10 keeps a 'hidden' stash of drivers ) from reinstalling on reboot by blocking that driver with the
    Show/Hide tool

found in the article below. Run this tool after uninstalling the driver, but before rebooting.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

- If the problem persists you may have a problem with your hardware.

Note that when you are running in Safe Mode the Intel HD4000 drivers do not get loaded.

The machine is running on the Windows generic VGA drivers, and not actually using the HD4000, so there may

be a problem with the cpu (Intel HD4000 graphics are part of the cpu).

BossDweeb, Jan 23, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

The most likely suspect is a bad video chip.

Now it could be a power related problem too, or heat, but if you have used good parts and a cool case and have tried multiple versions of the driver then it starts looking like hardware failure is likely.

Who makes your 550W power supply?

Double check all of your connections.
    And you could go into the UEFI/BIOS and reset all defaults - don't do any tweaking until this problem is resolved.
    Is that board running the most recent version of the BIOS?

5. omarsrv Win User
    for PSU the manufacturer is Corsair its 80+ certified.

i've tried all of this with default bios settings.

i've installed the latest bios version.

is it possible that the IGPU is broken and the CPU not?

i'm starting to think its a motherboard issue....

omarsrv, Jan 23, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Yes, that's what I am saying - there is something wrong on the motherboard. It is very rare that it would be the processor.
    Most likely the dedicated graphics chip on the Z170.

The Corsair is a high quality supply, and the size should not be a concern (until you start talking about graphics cards), so it would be equally rare if it was a failing power supply.

By any chance would you have a graphics card you could test with?
    If you turn off the on-board graphics and install a known working card and the problem persists that would tell you it is a Windows problem and maybe not hardware.

7. omarsrv Win User
    i think the Intel gpu here is located in the CPU?!

omarsrv, Jan 23, 2016
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

I looked (quickly) at the specs of your motherboard on Newegg and it showed that it had a dedicated graphics chip.

That would indicate that you have 2 graphics options: the intel processor and the dedicated chip. You can verify if this is indeed the case if you go to Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters.

9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Nope, sorry. You only have the processor graphics.
    Like I said, I looked quickly.

_

Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 [​IMG]

10. videotdr Win User
    I'm having the same exact problem with a very similar build. Did you ever figure it out?? Help!!

videotdr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 - Similar Threads - Unable install Intel

2. Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error: Does anyone know what this means? What are the further steps to take. Zoom and sometime YouTube videos hang the video Thanks in advance for your assistance Device Manager Graphics section General tab says "This device is working properly" But the Events Tab Information...
  3. can't install intel hd graphics

can't install intel hd graphics: recently went i was reordering my files personal files, not program files my laptop screen randomly turn off, so i force shut down my laptop and i started it again i thought it was a glitch. and when it was booting there is a text, the text says "automatic repair". and i...
  4. can't install driver Intel HD graphic

can't install driver Intel HD graphic: i uses 1 laptop panasonic Cf-LX5. the driver is not working and now it's used "Microsoft basic display adapter". i can't not install driver Intell HD graphic 520 for it : [ATTACH]...
  5. Intel Graphics driver fails to install on fresh Win10 installation

Intel Graphics driver fails to install on fresh Win10 installation: I purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows on it with media creation tool. After window's installation my second monitor is not being detected. It is plugged into my motherboard via HDMI and should be using Intel graphics as the display adapter. My main monitor is...
  6. unable to install intel graphic driver

unable to install intel graphic driver: im getting the error " your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this software " while installing the display driver [ATTACH] can you please tell me why im getting the error ? ,in the device manager --> display drivers i cannot see the...
  7. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver not installing correctly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver not installing correctly.: The newest release of this driver is version 15.40.10.64.4300. After installing, my computer restarts and everything is fine. My problem occurs after a couple of days (I think it is caused when I switch power plans or unplug laptop) the power saving technology in the Intel...
  9. Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install

Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install: I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to Windows 10 recently. The desktop's upgrade went smoothly; NVIDIA already has Windows 10-compatible drivers. However, my laptop with Intel HD Graphics is a different story. I've tried the Dell-certified drivers as well as the latest...
  10. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...