Windows 10: Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple

Discus and support Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to uninstall iTunes from Apple, and the install iTunes from MS Store. Reason: rumours that the Apple IT is full of bloatware. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OldGrantonian, May 29, 2018.

1. Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple

I wanted to uninstall iTunes from Apple, and the install iTunes from MS Store.

Reason: rumours that the Apple IT is full of bloatware.

After installing IT from MS Store, I now cannot run any version of iTunes.

Here's the history:

- Uninstall IT using Control Panel.
    - Download and install IT from MS Store.
    - Click Launch.
    - Get message "iPhone driver not installed". Progress bar completes.
    - Get message "Driver required for iPhone not installed. Pls check Win Update settings"
    - Click Settings > Update & Security > Win Updates
    - Get message "Install error 0x8007ffff"
    - Go to Device Manager > Portable Devices > Apple iPhone > Update driver
    - Get hex error message as above.

Decide to abandon IT from MS Store and reinstall IT from Apple

Get message "One or more computers have installed IT from MS Store. Must uninstall these"

But IT is no longer in Control Panel (see first step above), therefore can't uninstall *Smile

I would be grateful for any advice. I'm no techie, but I'm comfortable in the registry, if necessary.

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, May 29, 2018

2. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., May 29, 2018
  3. installing itunes error

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you installing the iTunes form apple official store or third party website?

If you are installing form third party website, I would recommend you to download and install iTunes form apple store official website. If you are still unable to install iTunes, I suggest you to register the Windows installer and let us know the status.
    Follow the below steps to register Windows installer:

• Press Windows key + X and then click on run as administrator.

• At the command prompt type each of the commands below and after typing each command press enter.

msiexec /unreg

msiexec /regserver
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple

1. Unable to install iTunes from MS Store or from Apple - Similar Threads - Unable install iTunes

2. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  3. Unable to install apps from ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  4. Issue downloading Itune from MS web store

Issue downloading Itune from MS web store: After clicking on itune app in Microsoft Store it's getting stuck at "Starting download" I reboot my laptop few times but no help, Any idea what could be the issue...
  5. unable to download itunes from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to download itunes from microsoft store: I am unable to download the itunes app on to my pc from the Microsoft store. I select itunes, I get to the itunes app page and click "download now." When I do this, it opens a new Microsoft Store window listing a whole bunch of "Essential Apps." I scroll down the list of...
  6. unable to download itunes from the Microsoft Store

unable to download itunes from the Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the itunes app on to my pc from the Microsoft store. I select itunes, I get to the itunes app page and click "download now." When I do this, it opens a new Microsoft Store window listing a whole bunch of "Essential Apps." I scroll down the list of...
  7. Unable to download iTunes from Store

Unable to download iTunes from Store: I keep getting an error code: 0x80070005 when trying to download iTunes from the Store. I tried DISM and SFC commands with no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-itunes-from-store/632358da-c86f-43f8-b70c-463cf8bb3727
  8. iTune update to 12.10.5 from MS app store

iTune update to 12.10.5 from MS app store: Hi, I have updated iPhone to 13.4 - now iTunes is saying I must have version 12.10.5 of iTunes installed. All links to iTunes in Microsoft store are to version 12.10.4. Can anyone help? All links on Apple site send me back to MS store and wrong version of iTunes....
  9. Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.

Unable to install ITunes from the MS Store.: So. I ran across my old IPod and was in the process of getting it working again. I went to the Apple website, to their ITunes web page, and I was only given one link, to the MS Store, no direct link was available to me. So I pop into the MS Store for the first time ever and I...
  10. Apple itunes will not install

Apple itunes will not install: I have been trying all day to install iTunes on my pc but keeps coming up error 0x80072F8F but cant seem to work it out. its asked me to check my internet connection but that's fine but just keeps coming up error. Ive installed google chrome just to check to see if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access itunes through microsoft store

2. uninstall itunes from microsoft store

3. itunes install from windows store error

4. itune is not getting installed in from ms appstore,
  5. error installing itunes from windows store,
  6. itunes from windows not from microsoft store,
  7. could not install itunes inmicrosoft store,
  8. itunes not installing after getting from microsoft store,
  9. cannot install itunes through microsoft store,
  10. unable to install itunes file appleapplicationsupport.msci was rejected by digital signature policy,
  11. itunes doesnt attempt to download from microsoft site,
  12. windows 10 error installing itunes app from store,
  13. unable to install itunes store,
  14. uninstall itunes loaded from microsoft store,
  15. unable to install itunes from microsoft store