Windows 10: Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others

Discus and support Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Tune scan was fine and chkdsk results attached. I don’t think this is a hardware problem. BTW this Surface Book 1 only has 1 disk with a c drive plus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jayjayuno, Dec 21, 2017.

1. jayjayuno Win User

Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others

Tune scan was fine and chkdsk results attached. I don’t think this is a hardware problem.
    BTW this Surface Book 1 only has 1 disk with a c drive plus whatever boot partition they use.

jayjayuno, Dec 30, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

When available please post the images of the HD Tune results for:
    Health
    Benchmark
    Full error scan
    The chkdsk results were not seen in the above post. Is there a one drive or drop box share link?

Macrium has support.
    See if you can get support for each:
    8004230f
    and
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

zbook, Dec 30, 2017
  3. jayjayuno Win User
    jayjayuno, Dec 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

The link displayed: "For the other entries: Check if you can find the Acronis VSS Provider entry and delete it."
    What specifically did you do with Macrium?
    Were there any comments on 8004230f or 80042301 ?
    Did you know that he steps that you were making had worked before for Macrium or was it trial and error?

zbook, Dec 30, 2017
  5. jayjayuno Win User
    I googled the error code that was displayed by Macrium , as displayed in a screen shot previously in this thread, eventually finding this solution from an Acronis site.

Go to Start -> Run -> regedit.exe and press ENTER;
    Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VSS\Providers\
    Check, if you can find at the left part entries below Providers. There should be only one entry.
    Under every condition: Click on every entry and check in the right part, if you can find this entry: "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0". Do not delete this entry!

I did just that and found that when I subsequently ran Macrium, I no longer had any error message and could make the image.
    I did not know that it would work with Macrium, I simply tried it.

jayjayuno, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install Malwarebytes, or others - Similar Threads - Unable install Malwarebytes

2. malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  4. Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10

Unable to launch Malwarebytes on Windows 10: Hi all, I’ve downloaded Malwarebytes to my windows 10 surface pro but can’t seem to install & run it. I go to the folder where its been downloaded then it takes me back to downloading it. Probably something simple step I’m overlooking. Any suggestions most welcome,...
  5. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  6. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  7. Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem

Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem: I had Malwarebytes Premium Installed until recently but, about 09 Sept, it seems to have become downgraded to the free version. I tried reinserting my Identifier and Key but these were not accepted. I then tried to reinstall the program from my Downloads folder but that has...
  8. Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?

Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?: Malwarebytes 3 offers many more protection settings now but are any of them known to conflict with other security programs? For example, Malwarebytes 3 has individual application protection and application hardening like DEP, anti-heap spraying enforcement etc for which I...
  9. Unable to re install malwarebytes

Unable to re install malwarebytes: Good day to all. Had an issue with desktop yesterday regarding Malwarebytes so decided to uninstall MB using revo uinstaller then run cleaner. Now to the crunch after restarting the pc tried to reinstall MB but failed a box came up on screen as per image Running the latest...
  10. Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server

Unable to connect to Malwarebytes server: I have three computers on the same network. All running Win 10 Pro. About 2 weeks ago two of the computers stopped getting updated from MWB. I tried manually updating but get an error message saying that it couldn't connect to the update server. I'm not sure if this...