Windows 10: Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10

Discus and support Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I attempt to install Photoshop 6 I can go no further than clicking on Photoshop 6 at the install button. I receive no messages etc. My CD drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Merlin1944, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10

When I attempt to install Photoshop 6 I can go no further than clicking on Photoshop 6 at the install button. I receive no messages etc. My CD drive is OK as I have loaded heaps of other progs. *Mad

:)

Merlin1944, Aug 19, 2015

2. Reloading Photoshop 6 in Win 10

I am using Photoshop 7 on Windows 10.

He is using Photoshop 6

Photoshop CS2 is version 9

Why would it not have a better chance of installing than a version from 2000?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Why is photoshop incompatiable with my computer?

Have you tried to install Adobe Photoshop CC 2015, using Compatibility mode / with Admin rights?

There is nothing wrong with your PC, the app has most probably not been updated to run on W10.

Read thru link below , see if it helps;

Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Shilohbob, Aug 19, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10

This program Adobe Photoshop CS6 ? Autoplay runs when you insert the disc, how you tried ?

jds63, Aug 19, 2015
  5. I think he actually means the old version 6 not the CS versions. Honestly. It is old it is not going to work forever.

logicearth, Aug 19, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Only said Photoshop 6. CS6 will work, not sure more about issue.

jds63, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    PS6 is relatively old, could be the 64-bit version of Windows. Which version of Windows and which version of that, 32-bit or 64-bit, that it worked on before?

Berton, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10

Thanks to all thus far. Yes I have the old version of PS 6.0. here is my new dilemma. I have 3 machines all running brand new versions of W10. Photoshop 6.0 installs on the other 2 machines (all 32bit) without issue. On my main PC (i7) when I attempt to install PS 6.0 the main screen of Adobe opens with no issue (so it recognises the program). I select Install as requested and then select Photoshop 6.0. You can here the CD drive start but after about 1 minute it goes silent and no further activity occurs. With the other 2 machines (1 PC & 1 Laptop) The same procedure occurs but as soon as I select Photoshop 6.0 from the menu screen the program launches and installs perfectly.

Merlin1944, Aug 20, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Try just opening the disc in explorer and right click setup.exe file and select Run as Administrator see what happens.

jds63, Aug 20, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    Does the statement "Photoshop 6.0 installs on the other 2 machines (all 32bit) without issue." mean the third machine may be 64-bit? Old programs do have a problem with 64-bit hardware and 64-bit OS. WinXP Pro had a 64-bit version but back then weren't all that many programs for it. WinVista and newer have either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Berton, Aug 20, 2015
  11. This worked for me - THANKS!!
    Jim

jimgraham100, Mar 23, 2016
  12. glhere Win User
    Same problem but no luck even when using the windows file explorer...i.e. this installation works when using win2K pro (was last time PS6 was installed!) - but no luck using any of the above tricks with windows 10. [am using a 64 bit lenovo yoga laptop, plenty of empty space/RAM; external cd/dvd drive is new and reads the disk and other files]

Any more suggestions would truly be appreciated/thanks in advance for any info/suggestions

glhere, Aug 17, 2016
  13. Samuria Win User

Copy all the DVD to be find setup.exe right click set in compatibility mode to win7 or other

Samuria, Aug 17, 2016
  14. glhere Win User
    To make sure I am following you: I right-clicked on setup.exe and under properties/compatibility mode, choose to run this program in compatibility with windows7.

No luck - setup.exe still won't run.

Also tried running in compatibility with XP (service pak 3) as this application was offered when XP came out (as mentioned, the app last ran under win2k pro) but still setup.exe doesn't run. All this crashed explorer Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10 :p

Note for anyone else with similar problems: gather, thru more reading, the reason windows 7 compatibility was suggested is that these older programs run under windows 7 but not later windows offerings. Thanks for the directions, as after a reboot there was no need to copy files to the computer, the setting for compatibility to windows 7 worked perfectly, the app started off the external drive. Again, thanks.

glhere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10 - Similar Threads - Unable install Photoshop

2. Unable to open paint nor photoshop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open paint nor photoshop.: Hello, i recently tried opening a tga file on photoshop, but i was unable to. i searched for long hours for solutions, but then i tried to open another png thing on paint just to view it, thing is, that i was not able to open the image on paint neither. the processes are...
  3. Unable to open paint nor photoshop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open paint nor photoshop.: Hello, i recently tried opening a tga file on photoshop, but i was unable to. i searched for long hours for solutions, but then i tried to open another png thing on paint just to view it, thing is, that i was not able to open the image on paint neither. the processes are...
  4. Unable to open paint nor photoshop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install Adobe photoshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Adobe photoshop: Hi,We have a Windows 10 Enterprise , We have try to install Adobe Creative cloud. We are getting an error. Please check it. Give me suggestion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-adobe-photoshop/2fa90544-6f79-4d81-a32e-0608d7d556b0
  6. Photoshop 6 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop 6 and Windows 10: I recently had a problem when opening Photoshop. As it was loading it stopped and I got the following message: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable" I uninstalled the program and reloaded it and got the...
  7. W10 fails install on PC with 6 HDD's (solved)

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 fails install on PC with 6 HDD's (solved): Hi folks For some reason I kept getting Windows can't install at the "Copy Windows installation files" stage even though HDD (actually SSD) formatted and was assigned correctly. Computer is HP micro proliant Gen 10 Server where there's 4 quick release 4 HDD bays and I fitted...
  8. Is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 compatible with Windows 10?

Is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 compatible with Windows 10?: I've been using Windows 10 for more than a year. My Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 worked fine until today. All of a sudden, it will not boot. After troubleshooting, it seems as though Windows 10 will no longer be compatible with Photo Shop Elements 6. I can't figure out why...
  9. compatibility of w10 with early Photoshop Elements?

compatibility of w10 with early Photoshop Elements?: I like using Elements 2 on one PC still running win7, and am not a fan of Elements 9. But have not had any success with compatibility settings to get 2 to run under win10; is there a way? Thanks. 117605
  10. Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?

Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?: I tried to install my trusty CS2 into W10 in a VM but it didn't want to play, CS3 on the other hand installed without a hitch. I was just wondering if anyone had successfully installed CS2 in W10 yet? Or even tried? 5466

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install photoshop 6 on windows 10