Windows 10: Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

Discus and support Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I have an issue regarding my HP Deskjet 2540 Printer. Whenever I install the printer it says the printer was unable to be installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tornadosurvivor, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

Hello Everyone.
    I have an issue regarding my HP Deskjet 2540 Printer. Whenever I install the printer it says the printer was unable to be installed correctly.
    I then do it USB way, still same thing...
    I finally then proceed to manually install the printer using Windows, it says this message:

Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function [​IMG]

Does this mean that there is another bug that cannot be solved in Win10 1703 Creators Update? Do I have to upgrade to Windows 10 1709? *Banghead

Well, anyways, if anyone's got the answer, post it here.

Thanks
    BM *Smile

:)

tornadosurvivor, Oct 19, 2017
  2. 2BLarry Win User

LaserJet 4p Installation Problem w/Win10.0

Product Name: LaserJet 4p

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot install LaserJet 4p printer on Win10

It worked OK in Win8.1 ... stopped in Win10.0

I am connecting it with a Sabrent USB 2.0 to Serial adapter cable (SBT-USC6K) connected to COM3 Chipset PL-2303TA Windows driver v3.6.78.350

I am attempting to connect my printer to COM3 & Win10 install fails with "Unable to install printer. Cannot Complete this function"

Anyone seen this? Is there a fix/workaround?

Thanks

2BLarry, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Narm16 Win User
    Windows 10 Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable message when trying to add Printer

Hi there. Same issue came up recently when the office switched printers. Everyone else is great. I've tried a number of things found on this thread. They include:

• Restarting everything a bunch
    • Cannot right click on add printer, so can't run as admin
    • When I click on Add Printer, no devices are found, ¾ times. The other ¼, the printer is found, it runs its install, then never shows up
    • Clicked “The printer that I want isn’t listed,” found the right device, installed the printer, but a popup rejected me with “unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function"
    • Ran printer troubleshoot. Nothing came up the several times I ran it
    Thanks for helping

Narm16, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

Hi tornadosurvivor.

This is how I install HP printers. Maybe you are already doing this. I remove all programs related to device, head to devices and remove everything there. I then disconnect the USB cable and restart.

I then run the install, printer disconnected, and when the software asks me to connect I plug in USB.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
  5. What @Caledon Ken said is very good advice but sometimes, if you just run the HP Print and Scan Doctor you might repair the issue without having to do what Ken suggested. You can download it here:

HP Printers - Using Print and Scan Doctor to Help Resolve Printer Issues (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Now having said this, I had an issue with an HP printer and I had to reinstall the OS to resolve the issue. For some reason or another the Windows 10 OS had quit updating and HP printer was looking for an update. And none of the Windows updates would install. So I reinstalled the OS, ran the updates (they all installed), connected the printer and Windows 10 did the rest and it now printed and scanned as advertised.

Here's hoping the easy way out helps. Keep us posted on the results.

play2mefish, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Too much background stuff running, 2 Web Browsers, loads of add-ons, Mail App, Control Panel, other customisations.
    Exit all applications.

Uninstall any previous HP Printer installs it may have installed a basic generic HP driver if a USB lead is plugged in too soon, i.e. before running the HP driver install file.
    Just go to the install file run that and plug in the USB lead when required.

HP have a load of installation videos regarding installation and wireless/network settings.

My HP Printer has gone thru 3 of the Win 10 version updates and is still working.

Helmut, Oct 20, 2017
  7. Thanks everyone for the help. My computer upgraded to Fall Creators Update and now it works!

tornadosurvivor, Oct 21, 2017
  8. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

That is good news! Thanks for the updates.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

1. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function - Similar Threads - Unable install printer

2. printer not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer not functioning: dhcppc1 error how to resolve the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-functioning/a8e7fa14-7727-438a-9166-df957f4fd39b
  3. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  4. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  5. Unable to install printer

6. Driver unable to complete installation

Driver unable to complete installation: Hi, I'm having trouble with the device driver for my Dell D6000 docking station. The device drivers for the usb hub and network adapter install successfully and function correctly, however the display adapter does not. In device manager it yields the following message:...
  7. Printer is not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer is not functioning: Printer queue is blocked up, will not print, there is a document there that I can't get rid of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-functioning/73bebfa8-ee6d-46b1-a607-b7f10a40cbc9
  8. Unable to complete Tachomaster installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to complete Tachomaster installation: I have tried to install software from Tachomaster, which has a local postgresql database included with it When it tries to install the database I get the message: rrSQL.Connect : Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly...
  9. Windows cannot complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot complete installation: Hi, I've getting this error after completing setup of Windows 10 (education edition) can anyone help? I've tried the mmc and msoobe fixes but they are not helping. MMC results in error message Class not registered and msobe does not do anything, just goes to a new line...
  10. Unable to complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install printer cannot complete this function

2. iprint cannot complete this function

3. how to fix cannot complete this function in windows 10

4. cant install printer cannot complete this function,
  5. cannot complete this function while instaling printer from device manager,
  6. cannot install printer unable to complete function,
  7. unable to install printer. cannot complete this function,
  8. unable to install printer canot complete this function,
  9. windows 10 unable to install printer cannot complete this function,
  10. unable to install printercannot complete this function windows 10,
  11. when connecting a printer does it say cannot complete this function,