Windows 10: unable to install / run comodo program manager

Discus and support unable to install / run comodo program manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; need to install and run this on windows 10 32 or 64 bit OS keeps saying need to restart pc to complete install using windows 7 compatibility mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 26, 2017.

1. unable to install / run comodo program manager

need to install and run this on windows 10 32 or 64 bit OS keeps saying need to restart pc to complete install

using windows 7 compatibility mode

Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 26, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Win 10 startup

In Task Manager click on the program and stop it.

Then if you are still running go right click start icon, Apps and features, in the right Programc and features, click on Comodo and at the top uninstall.

lacrumb, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Preview update & ISO failed to load on Toshiba Qosmio loaded with Windows 7 PRO

Why would you rather believe Comodo Program Manager than Windows?

Mike Hall... always, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

unable to install / run comodo program manager

I looked at their site and no mention of Win10, only Win8 and earlier. Running in Win7 compatibility mode doesn't work with all things and this type program probably is one of those. And most likely it's because of many differences between Win7 and Win10. If'n it were me I'd use CCleaner Piriform - Download CCleaner - Millions of users worldwide! [formerly called Crap Cleaner] as it has an uninstall feature.

Berton, Mar 26, 2017
  5. Thanks, it's not the uninstall feature I need, I wanted to use the install monitor and create a new install file, based on the files installed....would be very handy, as having trouble installing program at moment, with a new installer simply based on files and registry entries made it should install ok
    anynideas of such a program

Update
    used advanced uninstaller pro which is free, has a feature to,make a backup of an uninstalled program.....copied this backup to my other pc and it allowed me to restore it fully, but just get the same kidswatch error about a database being missing or corrupt......still waiting for a sensible answer from the suppliers...

reddwarf4ever, Mar 26, 2017
  6. reddwarf4ever, Mar 27, 2017
  7. acidglow Win User
    FYI the Comodo Programs Manager works okay in Win 10 IF you know how to install properly.

You were 2/3 of the way there, compatibility mode for Win 7 was correct, the part you skipped however was disabling Win 10 forced Driver signature. So before letting the setup restart the PC follow:

1 Click on Start menu
    2 Click Settings
    3 Click Update & Security
    4 Click Recovery
    5 Click Restart Now under Advanced startup
    6 Click Advanced options
    7 Click Startup Settings
    8 Click Restart
    9 In the Startup Setting (after boot) press 7

Windows will reboot with driver signature enforcement disabled and will allow Comodo Programs Manager to install the required driver. Once this is complete you can restart the windows as normal to let it re enable driver signature enforcement and the Comodo Programs Manager will function as normal.

acidglow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to install / run comodo program manager

1. unable to install / run comodo program manager - Similar Threads - unable install run

2. unABLE TO install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unABLE TO install program: Hello,I am trying to install turbo tax to my laptop but get a message that Activation failed. I've already tried turning off all options off of the reputation-based protection settings but its not working. Help please!...
  3. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install Programs: I tried installing program but each one told me that it was unable to 'create temp folder.' I turned off Windows virus detection but it didn't help. At first I thought it was just the one program but after trying the second one the same thing occured. Any ideas? James...
  4. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  5. Program Manager running on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920
  6. Unable to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Programs: Hi everyone, so I've been having this problem for a while now where I try to install a program, in this case GeForce Experience, and I get an error message stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter...
  7. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  8. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run a program(McAfee): Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue...
  9. Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo: Hi guys. The problem I'm experiencing is that on startup most of my programs crash. Nvidia is the first one then other startup programs. If I attempt to run other programs then they crash as well. The error reads that the program was unable to startup. It works after...
  10. unable to install programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install programs: For some reason with the new windows 10 update, I cannot install programs anymore, that is making use of the Windows Restore option. I have System restore disabled through this: How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10 Since I need that for Rollback. But now that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install comodo program manager on win10