Windows 10: Unable to install some Edge extensions

Discus and support Unable to install some Edge extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zanxion, Sep 5, 2017.

1. zanxion Win User

Unable to install some Edge extensions

Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the Anniversary update. How come they cannot be installed?

:)

zanxion, Sep 5, 2017
  2. McMlok Win User
    Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hello,

I installed anniversary update for Win10 and try extensions in Edge. I can install AdBlock but installation of MS Translator fail and in store I see button for reinstall with message that something went wrong. When I click to reinstall button changed to
    finished but extension is not in Edge. I try to search event viewer for some clues but there is nothing. Where I can found more details about error and how to install translator extension to Edge?

Thanks

McMlok, Sep 5, 2017
  3. dalchina New Member

Presumably that's a compatibility matter. I know it was the case with Firefox, for example, that add-ons included the latest version they were specified to be compatible with.

I believe MS has a policy of slowly enabling more extensions over time.

Is there any reason you can't upgrade to the Creator's build? (I recommend, as others here, due care; if you're not already using disk imaging as we recommend, create your first disk image before upgrading - or if you are, update your image set. (E.g. using Macrium Reflect (free) or one of the other such programs).

dalchina, Sep 5, 2017
  4. zanxion Win User
    I thought of doing so, and tried, but due to policies at the office I could not get to the creators update.

zanxion, Sep 5, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    You could use a different browser, and talk to your IT dept about upgrading.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install some Edge extensions - Similar Threads - Unable install Edge

2. Webroot Filter Extension for Edge

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Webroot Filter Extension for Edge: Hello Microsoft Team, I recently had to switch out my Mcore Surface Pro 4 and noticed that I couldn't install my webroot web filtering extension on my new device. At the store I could still download it on my old device but not on my new device. Both devices were running the...
  3. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  4. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  5. Edge extension called Breeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge extension called Breeze: Hi I read there is a Edge extension called Breeze, for setting new tab start pages. However I cannot find it in extensions and if I try download from the link in the article I get"Not found on Server". How can I get this extension? I am using Microsoft Edge 41.16299.371.0....
  6. backup/restore installed Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    backup/restore installed Edge extensions: Hi, Is there any way to backup/restore installed Edge extensions? 108901
  7. Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?: I've just tried adding 'Bing Translate' which is an App from the store. The App was located and installed via the new extensions tab under 'settings in Edge. Question... I was expecting the App to show in the browser and to be useable from the browser. I imagined I would...
  8. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599
  9. Xmark Extension for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Xmark Extension for Edge: Now that Edge has extensions, I wanted to give it a new try. I sync my bookmarks with Xmarks (between IE and chrome so far). I installed the xmark Extension, but it looks like it is not an extension to Edge, but a win app (I can see my bookmarks in that app, but not in...
  10. Edge no extensions bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge no extensions bad: Is there any way to enable extensions in Edge? I use a password manager that attaches to browsers (Dashlane). I can't live without it. I have IE11 and Firefox in my taskbar to use when I need Dashlane's help which is almost always. I want to use Edge but if it's not...