Windows 10: Unable to install some Edge extensions

Discus and support Unable to install some Edge extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zanxion, Sep 5, 2017.

1. zanxion Win User

Unable to install some Edge extensions

Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the Anniversary update. How come they cannot be installed?

:)

zanxion, Sep 5, 2017
  2. McMlok Win User
    Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hello,

I installed anniversary update for Win10 and try extensions in Edge. I can install AdBlock but installation of MS Translator fail and in store I see button for reinstall with message that something went wrong. When I click to reinstall button changed to
    finished but extension is not in Edge. I try to search event viewer for some clues but there is nothing. Where I can found more details about error and how to install translator extension to Edge?

Thanks

McMlok, Sep 5, 2017
  3. dalchina New Member

Presumably that's a compatibility matter. I know it was the case with Firefox, for example, that add-ons included the latest version they were specified to be compatible with.

I believe MS has a policy of slowly enabling more extensions over time.

Is there any reason you can't upgrade to the Creator's build? (I recommend, as others here, due care; if you're not already using disk imaging as we recommend, create your first disk image before upgrading - or if you are, update your image set. (E.g. using Macrium Reflect (free) or one of the other such programs).

dalchina, Sep 5, 2017
  4. zanxion Win User
    I thought of doing so, and tried, but due to policies at the office I could not get to the creators update.

zanxion, Sep 5, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    You could use a different browser, and talk to your IT dept about upgrading.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install some Edge extensions - Similar Threads - Unable install Edge

2. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing: Hi, We have a third party extension I need to install into Edge, it works in Chrome but for some reason having an issue installing and enabling it in Edge Chromium. The CRX files in located in C:\Program Files (X86)\..\.. as we are not using the Google store etc.. Has...
  4. Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera: Hi Peeps, Fresh install of Win 10 2004. Having downloaded both Edge Beta and Edge Dev. I am unable to install any extensions. The error message states: Download was not a valid extension or user script I can;t find any reference to this on the web. I've tried a variety of...
  5. Edge extensions

Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  6. Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge

Installing Chrome Extensions in Edge: I have just switched from Chrome to the new Edge browser. What would be the best way to transfer the numerous Chrome extensions that I have to Edge? submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

Unable to download extensions on the new Edge: So I upgraded my old edge to the new Chromium Edge. Everything is fine. But I am unable to install anything from MS extension store. Clicking on the extensions from the "..." menu opens the extensions page in the browser itself and not in the store app. The page says "try the...
  8. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  9. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599