Windows 10: Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.

Discus and support Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows on a new machine. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. The EUFI BIOS sees the SSD drive (Samsung EVO 750 250 GB) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by THX1138, Oct 11, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD.

I'm trying to install Windows on a new machine. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming. The EUFI BIOS sees the SSD drive (Samsung EVO 750 250 GB) but Windows does not. There is the option to load drivers but i can't find any drivers for the EVO 750 online. The Windows installation medium is actually a small partition on one of my other drives but I doubt that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

:)

THX1138, Oct 11, 2016
  2. Desired Win User

Windows 10 Reinstall on SSD

I bought a new SSD today, but I have already upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my old HDD.

I created an installation media USB and installed Windows 10 on my SSD, but I am unable to activate Windows 10 on my SSD with my Windows 7 key.

I do not have a disk or USB to install Windows 7 to do an upgrade to Windows 10 on my SSD.

I cannot migrate because I have a 256GB SSD, but I have 900GB of data on my HDD...

How to proceed?

Desired, Oct 11, 2016
  3. windows 10 install is not seeing my SSD

tried everything I could find on different forums like that and nothing worked. I gave up, asked for refund and reinstalled Vista wich works well on the new SSD... Thank Microsoft for making windows 10 hard to install on old machines.

JeffGagnon1234, Oct 11, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

It doesn't need any special drivers, it's just an ordinary SATA drive.

CountMike, Oct 11, 2016
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks for your response.

It's working now, though I don't know why/why it didn't in the first place. Someone else advised I get the chipset drivers but they weren't needed in the end.

THX1138, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to install. Windows installer doesn't see SSD. - Similar Threads - Unable install installer

2. Windows 11 installer doesn't see SSD M2 Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installer doesn't see SSD M2 Disk: Hi, I'm trying to install windows 11 without success. When I start the install process, it can't see the disk.I Have a Lenovo ThinkPad T490s, with a SSD M2, pci3x4 Adata Falcon disk.I've tried download the lenovo t490s drivers, and select them from installer, but It continue...
  3. Windows 11 installer doesn't see SSD M2 Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installer doesn't see SSD M2 Disk: Hi, I'm trying to install windows 11 without success. When I start the install process, it can't see the disk.I Have a Lenovo ThinkPad T490s, with a SSD M2, pci3x4 Adata Falcon disk.I've tried download the lenovo t490s drivers, and select them from installer, but It continue...
  4. Win 11 clean install - unable to see ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 clean install - unable to see ssd: I had a dismal attempt at upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11. I won't go into that. So I must do a clean install. My win 10 system is visible - sort of - with my sign in screen etc . I just can't sign in.I run the win 11 install created using the media creation tool. It sees no...
  5. Win 11 clean install - unable to see ssd

Win 11 clean install - unable to see ssd: I had a dismal attempt at upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11. I won't go into that. So I must do a clean install. My win 10 system is visible - sort of - with my sign in screen etc . I just can't sign in.I run the win 11 install created using the media creation tool. It sees no...
  6. Unable to Install new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install new SSD: After many attempts over several days I've been unable to make any progress. I have a Lenovo desktop H50 series X64 with Windows 10 build 17134. I read Windows Overview of Disk Management and a dozens of other online sources but was unable to get this done. The SSD is...
  7. Unable to Install new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install new SSD: After many attempts over several days I've been unable to make any progress. I have a Lenovo desktop H50 series X64 with Windows 10 build 17134. I read Windows Overview of Disk Management and a dozens of other online sources but was unable to get this done. The SSD is...
  8. Unable to Install new SSD

9. Unable to install Windows 10 on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows 10 on SSD: Hello All, I am hoping someone can assist me. I have a Dell Optiplex 960 that was on bios A05. I downloaded the Windows media creation tool and tried to install Windows but kept receiving an error "Windows can not be installed to this disk." Ensure the disks controller is...
  10. unable to install windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install windows on ssd: every time when I try to install windows 10 on my laptop SSD this type of error message display i am using Intel Pentium dual-core & 4gb ram[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installer doesnt see ssd