Windows 10: Unable to install Windows on old machine

Discus and support Unable to install Windows on old machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been asked to look at my nephew's old PC. He is 15 and did the silly thing of using a paperclip inside the machine. I am still not sure exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by swarfega, May 12, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Unable to install Windows on old machine

I have been asked to look at my nephew's old PC.

He is 15 and did the silly thing of using a paperclip inside the machine. I am still not sure exactly what he was doing but it made it go pop. They had to replace the CPU and motherboard.

The motherboard is an old Asus A68HM-K which is an FM2 board. The website states that it is compatible with Windows 10 and they have drivers available for it.

I have flashed the BIOS to the latest available, but the system still BSODS either after just accessing the flash drive/DVD drive or during install. I have tried with secure boot on and off and with and without UEFI. The USB sticks are good as I have used them on other machines just fine.

I have tried with either an SSD or hard drives. I have also tried Ubuntu with similar results.

I have been to the Windows 7 page as there is a 7 sticker on the panel. Unfortunately it appears to be OEM and non transferable. See image.

I have reached the limit of my knowledge on this and am unsure how to proceed.

Unable to install Windows on old machine [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, May 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install Windows on old machine

1. Unable to install Windows on old machine - Similar Threads - Unable install old

2. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install certificate on my machine.: Hi,I'm trying to install a certificate and Simphony software on my machine.But I'm facing an error while installing the certificate. It goes like - "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following : Personal Information Exchange."I also...
  3. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install certificate on my machine.: Hi,I'm trying to install a certificate and Simphony software on my machine.But I'm facing an error while installing the certificate. It goes like - "Invalid Public Key Security Object File. This file is invalid for use as the following : Personal Information Exchange."I also...
  4. Unable to install certificate on my machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine: I have an Apple Macbook Pro running on M1 chip. I have installed a Windows 11 virtual machine using UTM. I am trying to install SQL Server on Windows but I get an error just before installation is completed.Here is the log in the Summary.txt:Overall summary: Final result:...
  6. SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server - unable to install on Windows Virtual Machine: I have an Apple Macbook Pro running on M1 chip. I have installed a Windows 11 virtual machine using UTM. I am trying to install SQL Server on Windows but I get an error just before installation is completed.Here is the log in the Summary.txt:Overall summary: Final result:...
  7. Unable to install Cumulative update on machine

Unable to install Cumulative update on machine: Split from this thread. Error trying to install..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-cumulative-update-on-machine/82e89886-f524-4bf4-8b56-a11165ed447e
  8. Unable to login to Machine.

Unable to login to Machine.: Hello Team, I am unable to login to my machine. I get error : Windows couldn`t connect to the Group Policy Client service. My machine is Joined to Domain. Please Help me resolve this problem. Regards, Rakesh...
  9. Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine

Unable to install Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 machine: Hi, I am unable to install or upgrade my Windows 8.1 machine to Windows 10. I have tried booting with the USB drive and upgrading from the desktop. I think this is something to do with my disk partition. Posting the screenshot of my disk management below....
  10. Trying to install Windows 10 on old machine

Trying to install Windows 10 on old machine: hai i've got a problematic notebook (hp mini) laying around so i thought i want to install windows 10 on it and see if the problem goes away. so i created bootable usb using rufus, and plugged in the usb on the notebook, but sadly it didnt boot from my usb. it is running...