Windows 10: Unable to install

Discus and support Unable to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, first at all, sorry for my bad English. I recently got a free copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bits from my school. I decided to give it a try as I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tanocolu, Jul 8, 2018.

1. tanocolu Win User

Unable to install

Hey, first at all, sorry for my bad English. I recently got a free copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bits from my school. I decided to give it a try as I was using Windows 7 and it was time to upgrade to a newer OS. However, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to install it.

The following are my specs:

i5 3690 3.5ghz
    gygabyte z97m-d3h
    Kingston 120gb SSD
    GeForce GTX750ti
    8gb DDR5 HyperX ram
    Wireless keyboard/mouse

I've created a bootable USB from the Windows tool I got on another PC. I follow the steps for installation that are on this forum and many others, but the installation stucks at different times (I say different times because I tried to install Windows at least 10 times since yesterday). Sometimes it justs get stuck and the black screen with those little white dots forming a circle. After a couple of hours of being stuck, I just hard-reset my computer from its button and try again. Other times it gets through that black screen but it gets stuck at the light blue screen that says "wait a moment". Again, I've waited a couple of hours but it justs get stuck, the little white dots don't even move. Only two times I could go through this and install it, I could open my desktop ame some folders but when I tried to connect to the internet (I got a wireless connection) it frozed my pc when typing the wifi password. I decided to restart my computer but it frozed again when typing my wifi password. If I restart it and I don't try to turn my wifi on, it still get stuck when I am browsing folders after a couple of minutes.

I decided to install Windows 7 again because of this and update to Windows 10 from Windows Update (I have read that there is an option for this) but I can't install it because I get the exact same problem, the installation just get stuck at different times.

I've tried to install Windows from different USB devices (I've always used UEFI settings) but I don't know what else to do. I don't think it is virus related because I formatted my SSD before installing Windows 10. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

tanocolu, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Jul 8, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Unable to install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to install

1. Unable to install - Similar Threads - Unable install

2. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  3. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  4. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  6. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  7. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

8. Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable: Hello. I am unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable because of error "0x80070017, restart: None, ba requested restart: No" I will attach the log file. I am using Windows 7. Don't ask why, it's all I have available. The Log file says as...
  9. Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable

Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable: Hello. I am unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable because of error "0x80070017, restart: None, ba requested restart: No" I will attach the log file. I am using Windows 7. Don't ask why, it's all I have available. The Log file says as...
  10. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install 4493474