Windows 10: Unable to intialize Hard Disk

Discus and support Unable to intialize Hard Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Hard disk went bad recently.. so I just went to the RMA center to have it replaced as it is still under warranty. I take the new hard disk back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takemi Shino, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Unable to intialize Hard Disk

My Hard disk went bad recently.. so I just went to the RMA center to have it replaced as it is still under warranty.

I take the new hard disk back home to my computer and now when I try to initialize it... I get all sorts of stupid errors.

I/O error, CRC error , missing file etc... yes.. almost every error that you can think of popped.

I am just about at the point of throwing the disk out the window ( literally ) and condemning the vendor for bad parts.

I am using windows 10 Home Premium and the hard disk in question is 3TB

Could use the urgent assistance..

:)

Takemi Shino, Oct 8, 2017

2. I just want to intializing an existing disk

Here's my trouble:

After upgrading to win 10 this morning, I noticed that my 2nd & 3rd spanned hard drives were not being recognized. I did some online searching to find a solution but had no luck. I decided to try something on the smaller hard drive to see what would happen.
    (lesson learned) I chose 'delete volume' then poof! It was "gone" and the other hard drive was ready to be formatted.

I closed disk management to reopen it later when the option to intialize the hard drive box came up. I have done this opening of disk management several times only to be blocked every single time. I can't do either options and have it another brick wall.

I'm hoping someone out there knows how to recover/intialize/fix this kind of problem.

Note, all hard drives were in perfect working order yesterday. I miss yesterday Unable to intialize Hard Disk :(

Very Crabby Patty, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updated from version 1511 to 1607 - since then I cannot boot Hp pc error BIOHD-4

Diagnostic check determined all hard drives, ram and cpu's, etc. good, only showed biohd-4 "non-

intiallized/corrupt boot menu". Created a repair disc on a gateway laptop but the hp says "non-system disk or disk error" did it twice by creating two different disks same result. Cannot get boot menu to either open in safe mode or allow system restore. This
    pc started life with Windows XP, upgraded to Windows 7 with the Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 (1511) and finally to (1607) it has never booted up after the 1607 upgrade.

ColeKoenig, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Unable to intialize Hard Disk

What are you trying to do is create partitions, install Windows or restore from backup? If it's a backup from a backup disk the backup may be corrupted

Samuria, Oct 8, 2017
  5. here is a clearer picture

Unable to intialize Hard Disk [​IMG]
    and
    Unable to intialize Hard Disk [​IMG]

Takemi Shino, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Its a new disk ( says the vendor ) that I got from RMA

Takemi Shino, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to intialize Hard Disk

1. Unable to intialize Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Unable intialize Hard

2. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  3. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  4. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  6. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  7. Disk "D" not intialized

8. Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk

Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk: hi guys, version 1909 18363.900 so i have the "better performance" option enabled for my hard disk but recently there's no way i can just click eject and remove the hard disk, it's happening ALL the time. I went into event viewer and it seems to be process 6164,...
  9. Unable to create Hard disk partition

Unable to create Hard disk partition: I brought new laptop from store, genuine windows 10 already installed. when I tried to create new partition in C Drive by shrinking volume, window appears says available volume for shrink is zero. Disk is of 2TB and only 5% is occupied. help me to fix this issue. how can I...
  10. Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error

Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error: [img] what does this mean 60680