Windows 10: Unable to join client to Domain

Discus and support Unable to join client to Domain in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TaShawnMoore, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Unable to join client to Domain

Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way

te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "ServproSSpringfield.com":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
    (error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.ServproSSpringfield.com

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

ServproSSpringfield.com
    com
    . (the root zone)

:)

TaShawnMoore, Jul 10, 2018

2. Join domain option missing

You need to be logged on as a local administrator

Contact the domain administrator for specifics

Join a Windows 10 PC or Device to a Domain. On the Windows 10 PC go to then click Join a domain. Enter the Domain name and click Next. You should have the correct domain info, but if not, contact your Network Administrator. Enter account
    information which is used to authenticate on the Domain then click OK.

How to Join a Windows 10 PC to
    a Domain -
    groovyPost

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 10, 2018
  3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 10, 2018
  4. sammy Win User

Unable to join client to Domain

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to join client to Domain

1. Unable to join client to Domain - Similar Threads - Unable join client

2. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  3. Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to join client machine to domain. Active Directory environment created in Azure.: Context: I'm running an active directory environment using Microsoft Azure. I have 3 VMs, 2 of which are domain controllers running 2019 Windows Server datacenter with the 3rd VMclient machine running Windows 10 Pro.All of the VMs have static IPs and when created, were added...
  4. KB5028166 update. computers are unable to join the domain.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KB5028166 update. computers are unable to join the domain.: After installing the KB5028166 update, computers are unable to join the domain. After entering the password, it displays the message: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" It is possible to join the domain after removing this update....
  5. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  6. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  7. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. client/server on vb -joining domains error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    client/server on vb -joining domains error: hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on the vb. I've got both machines customized in settings and running. however when it came to joining domains, win 10 pro...