Windows 10: Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Discus and support Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network." There are no other computers on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dinger, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Dinger Win User

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

Hi,

When I go to homegroup it says "my@emailaddress.com on MyComputer created a domain on the network."

There are no other computers on the network and I do not have a password to join

I have tried to delete:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking\*.*
    Disabled Homegroup in services and reenable it
    Physically disconnect the computer from the network by unplugging the cable and rebooting
    Running the homegroup trouble shooter

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks you,

:)

Dinger, Jan 15, 2017
  2. Hoagie09 Win User

Homegroup unable to join

My computer has auto created a homegroup and I am unable to join it because I do not know the password it has created. I can not find the show password in the homegroup because I am unable to join the homegroup.

Ian

Hoagie09, Jan 15, 2017
  3. homegroup creation and unable to access

With my wife's computer off this morning I can create a homegroup on my computer. I have done that before but it disappears when my wife's computer is started. On my wife's computer, with my computer running, when I go to homegroup in the control panel it
    advises me that a homegroup exists on my computer, Thurston, and that I can join it. If I try to join it I get the same "Windows no longer detects a homegroup..." message. There is no option to leave a homegroup. When I run the troubleshooter on either computer
    no errors are found. The network troubleshooter never completes on either computer. Thanks

I did some more testing with the two computers I want in the homegroup. Let's call them A and B. If computer B is off I can create a homegroup on computer A. When I start Computer B the homegroup on computer A disappears but on computer B I can join a
    homegroup. When I try and join computer A from computer B it tells me there is no homegroup. When I look at computer A the homegroup I created is gone but I can join a homegroup. When I try and join it says there is no homegroup. So each of the two computers
    can create a homegroup as long as the other computer is off. Once a homegroup is created and both computers are on neither computer belongs it or can join it.

One more thing. When I am offered to join the homegroup from either computer it states the homegroup was created on computer A and the password can be found there. Of course there is no homegroup on computer A.

DarkkHelmet, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

I maybe misunderstanding, sorry.

So you are on a computer network, with other computers, and you cannot see any of them within File Explorer under the headings Network or Homegroup, correct?

The other computers can see one another and can share files, correct?

One member last week cleared this kind of a problem by powering down router, count to 15 and power up. Worth a shot.

If you right click on Network icon in systray, click on Open Network and Sharing center, the Network you are connecting to says Private, correct?

When you click on Advance Sharing, left side, Network Discovery, file and print sharing and Homegroup settings are set to Discover, Share, Homegroup.

Have you tried with computer firewall disabled?

One last item may be a Network reset. Under settings, Network and Internet, scroll to bottom, Reset Network.

Please post back.

Caledon Ken, Jan 16, 2017
  5. Dinger Win User
    Thanks for your advice.

I disconnected all network cables from my router and switched off the router's wifi. I think disabled the home group service, deleted the Peernetorking folder and restarted the computer.

I opened home group and slowly switched the service back on. I was then able to create a new group with my computer being the only one on the network.

Thanks,

Dinger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer

1. Unable to join homegroup, but from my computer - Similar Threads - Unable join homegroup

2. Joining a HomeGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  3. Unable to Join HomeGroup

Unable to Join HomeGroup: Hello everyone. I set up a homegroup years ago.. and had it set to two computers linked up and ready to go. Now we moved, got new everything and trying to set it up again but its showing my old homegroup. I can ether click on (Change Adv Settings) or Troubleshoot. Also...
  4. Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop

Unable to Join Homegroup either on Laptop or Desktop: Hello, After upgrading both Desktop & Laptop to Win 10, I am not able to JOIN Homegroup. Both computers show the option Homegroup: READY TO CREATE. Nomally when a Homegroup is created through one of the computers in network, Second or other computers should show it as...
  5. Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.

Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.: Thought I would pass on a solution that worked for me when I was about to give up and reinstal again, without any guarantee of success. I installed Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago on my second computer, leaving the main computer on Win7 until I tried it out. Had so many...
  6. Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer

Laptop not able to join the homegroup on my desktop computer: My desktop is set up for a homegroup in windows 10. When I try to set up my laptop it reads " detected a homegroup" and there is a join tab. When the join tab is clicked it states that a homegroup is not detected. The laptop is set up on the network so what is the problem?...
  7. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers: I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still...
  8. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  9. Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup"

Update: "This computer can not join/create homegroup": I've tried trouble shooters for homegroup and network I've tried enable ipv6 I've tried making sure all necessary tasks are "running" in the services section of the network and sharing center I've tried making sure all my advanced homegroup settings were correct. I've...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...