Windows 10: Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

Discus and support Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Apr 23, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a brief blink and nothing happens. They all open happily if I do so through File Explorer. Is this a problem with 10061 or, most probably, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 23, 2015

2. Unable to launch/use start menu, apps.

Original Title: Jeff

Hi

I have a problem since downloading windows 10 and after the first update I cannot launch the start menu, therefore cannot access any apps.

I also have a problem that when I right click on any icon on the task bar it does does display the options to open/ close etc

Thanks fo ryour assistance in advance

Jeff

JefferyWilson2806, Apr 23, 2015
  3. Unable to launch/use start menu, apps.

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

- Are you using Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to check if the issue persist in safe mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic
    device drivers aren't causing the issue.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, I suggest you to create a new user account and check.

To create a new user profile follow the below steps:

Follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start and go to setting.

2. Select Accounts.

3. Click on family and user.

4. Under “Other user” click on “Add someone else to this PC”.

5. Follow the instructions and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 23, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

It is a known issue
    windows-10-technical-preview-build-10061-now-available

labeeman, Apr 23, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu - Similar Threads - Unable Launch Apps

2. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  6. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  7. Search launches with start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search launches with start menu: [ATTACH] After updating windows, every time I press the windows button, the search function also pops up. I tried killing it with the task manager but that doesn't fix it. Please help!...
  8. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu: When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [ATTACH] I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:...
  9. Start Menu won't launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  10. Start Menu and Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Quick Launch: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them. Any help would be MASSIVELY...