Windows 10: UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt

Discus and support UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever i tap a metro app, it instantly crashes, and i can' t hear sounds that some of my apps uses, because the sound library uses wav format, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bigissuehelp, Jun 3, 2016.

1. UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt

Whenever i tap a metro app, it instantly crashes, and i can' t hear sounds that some of my apps uses, because the sound library uses wav format, and windows uses groove to open it, which is a win10 built in app, i did reinstall the metro apps using powershall, but it won't fix it, and whenever i add a new user, it's worse, there's no start menu, and explorer.exe is corrupt, a ''no such interface error'' popup whenever accessing my docs or anything that uses navigation

i can't access winstore or anything, its annoying, and am afraid if i reset pc, it will create new user and i won't be able to acess start menu, because it gets worse when new user is created, i can access most features using that old user, because its temporary there.

what's causing the issue?

:)

bigissuehelp, Jun 3, 2016

2. windows 10 apps store is not launching or unable to reinstalling apps

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by yourself and also providing us a detailed information on the issue.

What happens when you try to open store? Do you receive any error code or error message?

I would suggest you to best create a new user profile and check if the issue persist as this issue might be caused because of corrupted user profile setting.

Check the below link to create a new local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Step B. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

1. Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\

2. Copy all files except three files:

NtUser.dat

NtUser.ini

NtUser.log

3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Windows Store not opening on launching the app in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for responding quickly with the status of the issue.

Could you please check if similar issue persists in the other user profile?

Creating another user profile and checking if similar issue persists will deduce if the issue is related to the corrupted user profile or the corrupted operating system.

I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article and check if similar issue persists.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar and other
    Windows applications
    . In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying the corrupted user profile.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 3, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.

I think you should try a Repair Install using an In-Place Upgrade. It should get your system in working order.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt

1. UNABLE to launch windows 10 apps + new user profile are corrupt - Similar Threads - UNABLE launch apps

2. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  3. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  4. Corrupted user profile

Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  5. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  6. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: My main only user profile cannot launch cmd.exe, Windows Defender, and a 1-2 other utilities. This happened after I install a Linux distro using WSL. Tried troubleshooting it using online solutions, which didn't help. I upgraded to Windows 11 and that didn't help. I took my...
  7. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  8. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  9. Corrupted User Profile

10. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Profile: I logged on this morning to see my user profile had been corrupted, with the file showing 0 bytes in properties and unable to be accessed due to the corrupted file submitted by /u/XCTVNICKX [link] [comments]...