Windows 10: Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar

Discus and support Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I know that this might be an old issue, but I tried some of the solutions mentioned earlier this year here and on other websites but none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ramicoo, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Ramicoo Win User

Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar

Hello,

I know that this might be an old issue, but I tried some of the solutions mentioned earlier this year here and on other websites but none worked for me.. Is there a new fix for this issue?

Thanks,

:)

Ramicoo, Jul 15, 2016

2. Unable to open start menu or right click pinned items on taskbar.

I just installed Windows 10 and I am unable to open my start menu, and right click on pinned items on my taskbar doesn't do anything. I can left click to open them however.

Name is Taken, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Unable to left-click any taskbar icon (Start, Search/Cortana, Volume, Wifi/Internet, Time, Notifications) HELP

Try System Restore to a point before the issue happened. If it did not work, I'm afraid you will need to do a clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10

60e23e55-f3a2-4c22-9007-2c07809e4523, Jul 15, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Try right clicking on one ....unpin from taskbar....then try reinstalling it on taskbar....now try opening it.

dencal, Jul 15, 2016
  5. Ramicoo Win User
    Mainly programs and explorer are not affected by this, it's the start , Cortana girl , all icons beside the clock and the clock itself are affected aside from language input..

Ramicoo, Jul 15, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Open Settings....type Taskbar in box at top....under notification area click on "turn system icons on or off.

dencal, Jul 15, 2016
  7. Ramicoo Win User
    I'm on that menu and able to hide and show taskbar icons from there, but how does this benefit in anything??

Ramicoo, Jul 15, 2016
  8. dencal Win User

Sorry I'm not exactly sure what you are after...hopefully someone else can assist.

dencal, Jul 15, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    99 percent of the time I've found restarting Explorer or the machine does the trick.

Edwin, Jul 16, 2016
  10. Ramicoo Win User
    Hello,

Just to clarify, this problem was solved by doing a windows update..

Ramicoo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar - Similar Threads - Unable left click

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  4. Unable to click windows button or left click anything on task bar or windows menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to click windows button or left click anything on task bar or windows menu?: Brand new PC running windows 10. This problem only happens sometimes and not all the time, however whatever it is prevents me from clicking the windows button bottom left, I have to press the windows key on keyboard, then I can't actually click anything on the menu to open...
  5. Can't left click items in Taskbar

Can't left click items in Taskbar: Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area....
  6. I’m unable to click on anything.

I’m unable to click on anything.: Pretty much what the title says. I can’t click on anything. I’ve opened things, and now apparently I can’t even restart my computer. I can’t click the X to get out of the programs. I tried switching the click mouse button, that didn’t work. I made sure mouses are plugged in...
  7. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  8. Unable to click anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to click anything: A few days ago, after an update, when I boot into my computer, occasionally I'm unable to click on anything in the desktop, or task bar. I'm still able to move my mouse, and I can still access the start menu by using the keyboard, but clicking on anything won't do anything....
  9. Can't left click on anything on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't left click on anything on the desktop: Hi all. My windows 10 seems to "locked". I am able to sign in then when I get to the desktop, I am unable to open any program. The system recently updated. I cannot figure out what is happening. Thank you in advance....
  10. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Volume will not open with left click: My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get all options. My quick launch still works with the left click. What happened to cause this and how do I fix it? 47513

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to left click taskbar after clean install