Windows 10: Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

Discus and support Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tallisfan, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Tallisfan Win User

Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access the right-click menu (which is equivalent to entering Win X from the keyboard). This is not a big problem since I'm able to do everything by accessing any .exe that I need straight from the folder C:\Program Files (x86), or sometimes C:\Program Files. I also use the command prompt frequently, so I am quite familiar with getting around without the colorful left-click start menu. However, this clearly means that something did not install correctly. Could this be some sort of flaw in the registry changes when I installed Windows 10, or could something be wrong in the C:\Windows\System32 folder?

:)

Tallisfan, Jan 19, 2017

2. Still Unable to Left Click on Start Menu, But Right Click Works Fine

I found a Start menu repair tool that fixed the problem.

. . .

Thanks anyway,

MagnusCervus, Jan 19, 2017
  3. Still Unable to Left Click on Start Menu, But Right Click Works Fine

Yes, the left-click button works fine; the left-click Start menu simply does not appear. (The problem is with a Samsung laptop, and keyboard/mouse drivers seem to be working.) I notice also that File Explorer is extremely slow. Opening anything from a folder
    to a browser, or even the Task Manager is excruciatingly slow. I don't appear to have Cortana or SearchUI, or any of that. I wonder if there is also something messed up in the registry. I don't get any blue screens anymore, like I did over a year ago; I think
    most of the drivers are working just fine.

. . .

Thanks for your assistance

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Oh, since I absolutely never use Cortana, I went back to check if I was correct about it not being there. I don't use the Samsung laptop very often, so I find that I did not remember correctly. In fact, Cortana IS INDEED THERE. Cortana seems to be working.
    It is the Edge browser icon that is not present in the taskbar. There is an empty space where the Edge icon should be, but I can indeed click there to bring up Edge. The Store icon is also blank, and I can also click on that empty space to bring up Store.

. . .

Thanks again for any help.

MagnusCervus, Jan 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works - Similar Threads - Unable Left Click

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to left click on windows 10

2. unable to left click windows 10 start menu

3. windows 10 unable to click start

4. unable to left click on start in windows 10,
  5. unable to left click start windows 10,
  6. User is unable to left click on start menu in windows 10,
  7. cant left click start menu windows 10,
  8. unable to click start button windows 10,
  9. cannot left click on start menu windows 10,
  10. unable to left click on start button windows 10,
  11. windows 10 unable to click on start,