Windows 10: Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Discus and support Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by br00n0, Jul 29, 2015.

1. br00n0 Win User

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Hi all,

When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click.

Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes (nothing meaningful).

However, when I switch to another local account (my grilfriend's), I'm able to link a Microsoft Account (get the user/password prompt) and go to the Store and log-in.

Is there a way to fix my account (which was used to do the upgrade) or should I create a new one and start over with it?

Thanks!

B.

:)

br00n0, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Microsoft Account Password and Local Windows 10 Password

It seems like my local Windows 10 is not linking with my online Microsoft Account. I changed my Microsoft Account password and photo online in a web browser but my local password and photo do not update. They were setup as linked accounts so I would think
    they should sync.

Also, I am unable to change my password locally when I go to Accounts > Sign-in options > Change your account password. It times out.

CaptianChris, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Might want to try the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter. If that doesn't help it's possible corruption exists and you might have to start over. I've had that happen a few times.

cyberrufus, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

1. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account - Similar Threads - Unable link Microsoft

2. How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account: I have a very weird scenario and the only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update which screwed this all up. Here's my scenario: I have two laptops that I causally use for specific tasks. One of them I just picked up, while the other I've had for a few...
  3. Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10: Issue:I have a microsoft account linked to my local account on my windows 10 computer. I don't remember the password. I've tried resetting it where MS reviews information I've submitted to verify it's me. They say they can't verify my ID so I want to link my local ID with a...
  4. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  5. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  6. Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account

Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...
  7. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...
  8. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  9. Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hello, after a Windows Reset i got a message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps" So i deleted and ulinked my Microsoft Account and converted my User as Local User and not a Microsoft Account user. The problem...
  10. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account: I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change microsoft account linked to local account