Windows 10: Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V

Discus and support Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello,I've been struggling with this for a few days and really haven't come across anything that deals with this specific problem. I am trying to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by selkiesoul, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V

Hello,I've been struggling with this for a few days and really haven't come across anything that deals with this specific problem. I am trying to get my virtual machine to play sound through my computer speakers using enhanced session mode. I have checked the boxes to allow enhanced session mode in hyper-v settings>server and hyper-v settings>user. When I start my virtual machine up, everything I've read tells me I should get some sort of dialog box allowing me to adjust display settings and local resources. I have yet to see this box. Also, when I go to the toolbar at the top of the VM and click view, "Enhanced session" is grayed out and I can't click on it, in case this provides any clues. I'm trying to figure out how I can enable use of local resources, or whatever it is that I need to do to use my speakers etc.My physical computer uses Windows 10 Pro and my VM uses Windows 7 Pro. Thanks for the help!

:)

selkiesoul, Jul 17, 2017
  2. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Jul 17, 2017
  3. DAVIDOMNI Win User
    Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

Confirmed! Build 10547-Current (10586) completely resolved Hyper-V enabled boot loop problem. I've been up and running for more than 1 month on Win 10 Pro Build 10586 with Hyper-V "enabled" and 7 running instances. Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V :)

DAVIDOMNI, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode is only supported by Windows 8 and later and Windows Server 2012 and later guests (virtual machines). To get audio on WIndows 7 guest, you need to use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to it.

Thema:

Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V

1. Unable to locate "Local resources" to enable sound etc in Hyper V - Similar Threads - Unable locate Local

2. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  3. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  4. Hyper-V Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Sound: I have an Android VM running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. I would like to establish at least sound on the Android VM. I have followed the instructions as per https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/58091-use-local-devices-resources-hyper-v-virtual-machine-windows.html without...
  5. Trouble enabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Trouble enabling Hyper-V: I have Virtualization Technology enabled in my bios, Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Turn Windows features on and off, and when I type Hyper-V Manager in Windows Search the best match is Hyper-V Manager web results, so I went into Services and every Hyper-V related...
  6. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...
  9. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...
  10. Use Local Devices and Resources on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local Devices and Resources on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Use Local Devices and Resources on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Use Local Devices and Resources on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Information Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to locate etc/system/local/

2. Oracle IBPM error Server unable to locate requested tools

3. unable to locate hyper